Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-03-2012, 20:17   #16
VNP

Yeah the thermal rashie/vest choice in most shops is good too. 2 Layers are probably even more effective than one heavy piece too and you then have the choice, plus they make it easier to get the suit off
My mutant got a bit too much wear from swimming in it during the summer months there, dont think it helped it anyway, just the extra amount of climbing in and out of it.

Thats what happens your shoulders if you paddle like a fish rodento
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 12:23   #17
kodute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodento View Post
If you have the money its worth considering a 4'3 patagonia wetsuit ment to match the the standard 5'4's for warmth but feels like a summer suit
Are they any good? not many reviews online about them. Heading stateside myself soon so I'm thinking of picking one up.
12-03-2012, 13:39   #18
Ronnie Beck
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodento View Post
If you have the money its worth considering a 4'3 patagonia wetsuit ment to match the the standard 5'4's for warmth but feels like a summer suit
my gut instict tells me they'd be a waste of money, maybe good for one season of constant use. Better off with a good 5/4 with a built in hood and good thermal rashie. Good quality gloves and boots make a difference too. Check out the xcel drylock booties.

Last edited by Ronnie Beck; 12-03-2012 at 13:49.
12-03-2012, 14:28   #19
kodute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Beck View Post
Good quality gloves and boots make a difference too.
Completely agree on the booties. Good 7mm ones have given my old suit a second lease of life. But now may be the time to put her out to pasture
12-03-2012, 16:17   #20
OldGuysRule

First session without the booties yesterday, pure pleasure to have them gone. The reef certainly made its presence known on the way out though, damn high tide!
Advertisement
13-03-2012, 00:39   #21
keryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuysRule View Post
First session without the booties yesterday, pure pleasure to have them gone. The reef certainly made its presence known on the way out though, damn high tide!

Boots are gone? Thank God for that, just been too afraid to go without. Will have to ditch them in the next few weeks or sooner

13-03-2012, 20:50   #22
keryl

Went without the boots and gloves today, felt fantastic.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion