Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Studio 15

Options
  • 18-11-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone have one of these? Specs look good and is quite cheap at the moment. Are they any good, lets say compared to the xps model, i have to decide between the two...
    Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Anyone have one of these? Specs look good and is quite cheap at the moment. Are they any good, lets say compared to the xps model, i have to decide between the two...
    Any advice appreciated!

Excellent machine. My girlfriend has the XPS1530 and I've the Studio 15 and she'd rather take the Studio if she was buying again. The Xps seems to be a fairly unstable machine, so far she's had to re-install the OS 3 times this year-seems to be a common complaint on various forums as well. The chassis seems more robust on the Studio, however the touch buttons are far too sensitive on the Studio vs the XPS and the speakers are slightly worse.

In terms of performance I really can't say as my machine is newer and more powerful. I got the LED 1440x900 screen on mine and it's destroys her CCFL 1280x800 screen- the LED weren't an option on the XPS when I got the Studio, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

thanks for the reply, the OS thing is kinda worryin alright but still haven't decided:confused:
    gonna keep lookin in to it for another while

Advertisement