Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Delivery

Options
  • 17-11-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

How long does delivery from dell take on average?

I know its probably gonna get worse now coming up to christmas. Does dell have a cut off date for xmas deliverys

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just to give you some indication, I came on here to ask how long it takes to walk from Limerick. My laptop was **dispatched** 11 days ago and still no sign of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Any time ive ordered from them I had the laptop around 7 days later.

But if its a system that in demand, it could take a while before they even ship it. And as mentioned, things can get delayed en route for various unfortunate reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Varies enormously. I got mine in 3 or 4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

It used to be a couple of days, but over the last whiles its become insane for some models, due both demand, and the fact dell are downsizing i believe. I think my friend has been waiting on an XPS for a good month now, so you might be out of luck with them for christmas.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Khannie wrote: »
    Just to give you some indication, I came on here to ask how long it takes to walk from Limerick. My laptop was **dispatched** 11 days ago and still no sign of it.

This is the best! The laptop was for my mother in law. My wife phoned yesterday to find out where it was (having been dispatched on the 6th)....the answer: They didn't know where my mother in laws road was and decided not to bother delivering it. No phone call. No nothing.

Pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The Courier company wasn't GLS by any chance was it?

Advertisement