Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover for camper

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi everyone,
    anyone know if one can buy a cover for camper to keep it dry for the winter!!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A bad cover can do more damage than good

- it will sit on too tight, move in the wind and scratch the paint
    - it will trap condensation underneath
    - it will prevent airflow and drying, making the build up of moss and rot even worse than without a cover

The best place to store the van is in a dry shed or under a carport, really

EDIT:
    I've got this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049706&highlight=cover and it works really well ...it is however very expensive and a bit cumbersome to put up ...so I don't use it as often as I should.

There are several threads about motorhome storage and covers on here, just try the search when you have some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 noel51

peasant wrote: »
    A bad cover can do more damage than good

- it will sit on too tight, move in the wind and scratch the paint
    - it will trap condensation underneath
    - it will prevent airflow and drying, making the build up of moss and rot even worse than without a cover

The best place to store the van is in a dry shed or under a carport, really

EDIT:
    I've got this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049706&highlight=cover and it works really well ...it is however very expensive and a bit cumbersome to put up ...so I don't use it as often as I should.

There are several threads about motorhome storage and covers on here, just try the search when you have some time

Hi Peasant, thanks for that I will have a look through that website as soon as I get a chance.
    Regards

Advertisement