Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram for a Dell Vostro 860

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What a coincidence, was going to ask this myself for my new A860 that arrived yesterday, also with 1gig already would it be an extra 1gig or 2gig module that folk would recommend.

Also, any graphics card recommedations?

I know my way around PC's no bother but laptops are alien to me

Tks in advance

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Upgrading graphics cards on laptops is generally a no go area. It tends to be either very difficult/impossible. And the RAM is DDR2, widely available online, not too sure which would be the cheapest. Do your laptops come with 2 512mb sticks or single 1024mb sticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

all laptop vendors enjoy pinching the penny and pissing you off by using 2x512 sticks. "Dual Memory Channel" and all that BS.

just the one stick "1024MB (1x1024) 667MHz DDR2 Single Channel", as I said laptops are alien, linky would be appreciated, don't want to get PC memory by accident

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Something like this. SO-DIMM DDR2 Link

• Advertisement

what do you reckon on this from fleabay?

Advertisement