Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 6-cell netbook

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent Netbook to take travelling. Battery life is the priority.

What options are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

the best one would be the samsung nc10..battery life for web surfing lasts nearly 7 hours..it looks good and can be bought in pc world or currys for 399. it also has a class leading keyboard , screen size in 10 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

From the reviews that are in, the Samsung NC10 is without a doubt the best netbook you can buy right now.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/review/2008/11/17/Samsung-NC10---10-2in-Netbook/p1

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Maybe I am confused, but would the eee pc not give you more battery life as it has a 6600mah battery rather than the 5300mah battery in the samsung, both 6-cell also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maybe I am confused, but would the eee pc not give you more battery life as it has a 6600mah battery rather than the 5300mah battery in the samsung, both 6-cell also.

Higher mAH doesn't necessarily mean longer battery life. Phones are a classic example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Ah sorry my mistake, I am used to Millampage from airsoft and it generally does, my mistake.

But would it not just mean that for example in phones that certain phones are using the power for processing more?

Same said for laptops, would the eee be prioritising the processing rather than battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

thanks guys. Just picked up the NC10 from Elara!

I like to move fast :)

Advertisement