Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so what's cavan like?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm getting a little stagnant with my current job, and I've heard about an interesting position come up in ballyjamesduff in cavan.
    I'm just interested in knowing what the place is like, as I would consider moving for the right job.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Omega1987 wrote: »
    I'm getting a little stagnant with my current job, and I've heard about an interesting position come up in ballyjamesduff in cavan.
    I'm just interested in knowing what the place is like, as I would consider moving for the right job.
    Any help appreciated.

I wouldn't consider it and I'm from Cavan..
    You could live in Virginia or Cavan town and easily commute to BJD which itself is considered to be rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

BJD has a fair population of Dublin natives, who relocated to the locality about 6 to 10 years ago. Having sold a tiny 2 up, 2 down, they got houses many times the size of their Dublin homes. Most of these have long realised that all their old buddies are 2 hours up the road, and its not as convenient as the Estate Agent had stated. However with the rise in Dublin prices, they cannot afford to move back, and are thus stuck. Go with Virginny or Cavan town itself, as B has advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Omega1987

Cool. Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I't not agree with the above. Live about ten mins from it and worked there also.

Like any town it has elements yes, but to stamp an "avoid" warning, no.

If I had to pick Virginia (Lived there too) or BJD. I'd go with Virginia mainly due to the larger options for shops etc etc.

For what its worth you hear BJD being called Ballyjamesdublin or Ballyjamesbrazil :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Ballyjamesdump !!

I have a friend living there.... and in the winter it seems like the dullest, dampset, most depressing place.

In the summer it smells like hot cow poo and they town itself has no life.

Suits my friend though that lived in a fab house that was very cheap, I think Virginia is a better option though. Its a couple of minutes away from BJD on a windy road but means your not in a bjd bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Omega1987

Work in bjd and live in Virginia. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yeah worked in it years ago , my god it from another century, always raining. smells bad and im a farmer! no its like really pretty much a village i think theres only bout 1500 people in it, bit like ballivor in meath! dub central

Advertisement