Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a netgear N600 as a router off an eircom efiber modem

Options
  • 17-10-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I moved into a houseshare recently that has eircom efibre installed. the range and quality of the efiber modem is.....lacking. I understand that I can't replace it with my N600 as it's not a compatible modem, but i was planning to use it as a router off the eifiber one instead. whats the best method for going about this?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Can the eircom box be used as a bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Can the eircom box be used as a bridge?

I haven't checked yet but I'm assuming it can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If you can disable it's wifi transmitter and run it in bridge mode then your own router will take over all the work.
    eircom box will simply give you an ethernet connection to their network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

If you bridge the Eircom F1000 you'll have to add the PPPoE username and password to the Netgear
    Username: eircom@eircom.net.
    Password: broadband1

This thread details how you bridge the modem
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89885076

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP doesnt need to bridge, just set it up as an access point and away you go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement