Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Needs some John The Martian

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Hound wrote: »
    Needs some John The Martian

I'd mark for John Jones all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    **** all these lame douches

Where is Aquaman!?

careful what you wish for ;)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-shazam-aquaman-sinestro-and-doomsday-hinted-at-in-gamer-magazine.26869/

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Some Injustice news just got announced. It is releasing in Europe on April 19 and a special edition that comes with an arcade stick is being released (I'm not sure if this version is available in Europe or not though)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/15/injustice-gods-among-us-release-date-confirmed-april-16-battle-edition-announced-includes-fight-stick/

Check out the image of the stick.

I guess Doomsday is confirmed so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Check out the image of the stick.

I guess Doomsday is confirmed so...

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/sep/26/injustice-gods-among-us-collectors-edition-image-2/

Check out the comic book cover. Shazam, Robin, and Martian Manhunter.

why is everyone calling Captain Marvel Shazam these days? Did something happen to him in 52 or something?

why is everyone calling Captain Marvel Shazam these days? Did something happen to him in 52 or something?
    I've always called him Marvel, but I saw a bunch of people call him Shazam and assumed I'd missed something :pac:

Checking Wiki has informed me: "The character was also officially renamed "Shazam" at this time. (New 52)"

Kind of a shame. As hilariously confusing and idiotic it was having a character called Captain Marvel headlining for DC, Shazam is ****ing terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Wasn't "Shazam" his magic phrase for doing stuff?

Wasn't "Shazam" his magic phrase for doing stuff?
    Yep. He gets the powers of Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

The fight stick features a “non-skid foam underside, a lockout feature for the Start, Select and Guide buttons, as well as adjustable illumination for the buttons and joystick.”

injustice.jpg

I'll definitely pick this up if we get it over here. Although I'm left with a problem as I really want the statue as well! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm still mistyfied that no one knows who's making it ; it's almost definitely not Madcatz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

So pretty....

Plastic stick shaft... I'd say its not going to be a great stick...

PDP are making it so it will be class on the outside...not so much inside.
    here's hoping there smart enough to make it easy to sanwa everything up.
    led buttons as standard is pretty cool though.

Think I will stick with my qanba.

Getting quite hype for this game, looking forward to immediately learning some annoying bull**** which will give me a temporary advantage over everyone until people actually learn to play the game at which point I will lose interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hopefully it's just a clear shaft cover on a metal shaft.

What are we gonna do about your VSHG btw?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hopefully it's just a clear shaft cover on a metal shaft.

What are we gonna do about your VSHG btw?

You tell me dude, I'm just sitting here with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Some Injustice news just got announced. It is releasing in Europe on April 19 and a special edition that comes with an arcade stick is being released (I'm not sure if this version is available in Europe or not though)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/15/injustice-gods-among-us-release-date-confirmed-april-16-battle-edition-announced-includes-fight-stick/

That date's only two days in the difference to MK's release date in 2011. MK came out April 21st, if memory serves me correctly.

NetherRealm continue with their apparent desire to remind people of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 with every trailer they release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

Has it been said whether they are bringing out frame data?
    I saw something about being frame data for special moves,but anything about frame data for everything?
    Was thinking of making an app for it if theres full frame data

I really cannot believe they're using the same trailer idea as Marvel. I can only assume they're doing it deliberately to ride on their coattails somewhat, but it seems utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So what's the current confirmed roster for this and from gameplay vids, does it look to be something of a MK9 clone?

hdaniel wrote: »
    Has it been said whether they are bringing out frame data?
    I saw something about being frame data for special moves,but anything about frame data for everything?
    Was thinking of making an app for it if theres full frame data

Including special move frame data without normals would be a bit silly, can't see that happening.
    Sairus wrote: »
    I really cannot believe they're using the same trailer idea as Marvel. I can only assume they're doing it deliberately to ride on their coattails somewhat, but it seems utterly ridiculous.

Well, this is the franchise that did Mk vs DC after Marvel vs Capcom...

Actually, it's the franchise that was MK after SF, so, like, long history of it :D
    So what's the current confirmed roster for this and from gameplay vids, does it look to be something of a MK9 clone?

Supes, Bats, Nightwing, flash, Wonder Woman, Green arrow, grundy, cyborg, catwoman, joker, luthor, deathstroke I think.

It looks mostly MK-ey, but back to block sounds like one good change :)

found out some interesting stuff talking to paulo in a chat of a tourny stream
    *each char has there own air normals
    *air chains/combos were in at one point but removed
    *on double ko both player hop up with 10% health, 5% if happens again and 1% the 3rd time
    *clash system can only be used after 1st health bars in gone
    *no ex moves,just "meter burn promoves" (like ex moves in mk vs dc)
    *when asked "who have a divekick" he replied "never mind divekicks, ive made the best anti anti air move ever,wait till you see"

also i got one of the guys who does the videos/podcasts for injustice to do a char request video for swamp thing,
    im going to be so pissed if swamp thing isnt in the game

*on double ko both player hop up with 10% health, 5% if happens again and 1% the 3rd time
    *when asked "who have a divekick" he replied "never mind divekicks, ive made the best anti anti air move ever,wait till you see"

also i got one of the guys who does the videos/podcasts for injustice to do a char request video for swamp thing,

Do characters not have individual air normals in MK? Really?

I'm glad air chains are not in, keep it as different to UMvC as possible :)

Clash system existing at all makes me a sad panda.

Strong AAs are an interesting choice, usually in a game the weaker the AAs, the stronger offence is (or at least, the more important footsies are). A defensive footsie based game suits me but not perhaps the casual crowd.

I seriously think swamp thing has no chance in hell... sorry. Least you have Grundy who's pretty close to him.

Strong AAs are an interesting choice, usually in a game the weaker the AAs, the stronger offence is (or at least, the more important footsies are). A defensive footsie based game suits me but not perhaps the casual crowd.

He said a strong Anti Anti-air. ie: something that is good against AAs.

You missed a couple, DooM. I know it's hard to keep track of all the Bat Family floating around ;D

Full confirmed roster is:
    • Bane
    • Batman
    • Catwoman
    • Cyborg
    • Deathstroke
    • Flash
    • Green Arrow
    • Green Lantern
    • Harley Quinn
    • Joker
    • Lex Luthor
    • Nightwing
    • Solomon Grundy
    • Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    Additionally, Aquaman, Ares, Black Adam, Doomsday, Raven, Robin, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Sinestro have all been mentioned/leaked as being in the game (or possibly just the tie in comic) in some form, but it's not confirmed if they're playable.

Sairus wrote: »
    He said a strong Anti Anti-air. ie: something that is good against AAs.

Sigh... so I see.

God forbid people should actually have to learn how to play a fighting game and have to worry about getting punished for jumping brainlessly.

Clash is back in too.

God forbid people should actually have to learn how to play a fighting game and have to worry about getting punished for jumping brainlessly.
    Sure they have enough to be thinking about now that they have to be keeping track of what all the unique air normals each character has instead of just that downward punch from MK :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well if they have the faintest glimmer of sense this amazing anti-(anti-air) will be unsafe as all hell on block/whiff.

Do characters not have individual air normals in MK? Really?

I'm glad air chains are not in, keep it as different to UMvC as possible :)

Clash system existing at all makes me a sad panda.

I seriously think swamp thing has no chance in hell... sorry. Least you have Grundy who's pretty close to him.

in mk9 no, in other mks yea, baraka's jump kick/jump punch was epic in mk2.

im waiting to see the clash in action before decide my thoughts on (it has been changed since the gameplay footage released)

yea when i asked paulo to at least out him in as DLC like happening with lobo and he only knew swamp thing from the 80s movie and not the cartoon, then again hes not the guy who picks the chars, he just makes the moves/balance etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

He didn't...

mqdefault.jpg

Nutrient wrote: »
    He didn't...

mqdefault.jpg

i did :cool:
    sent it to a few of NRS as well.

its ed boon's own fault for teasing swamp thing when he posted a tweet of a swamp thing comic months ago, they had the idea so im just forcing them to re-think it lol
    at this point id say release roster is looking very doubtful with grundy and bane in there but i can always still claw at the hope of DLC.

anyways if swamp thing isnt in id be playing who ever is the games kuh-bawl so it just better off for everyone if swamp thing gets in :pac:

I'm going to just throw this out there; can we ban Wonder Woman in tournaments? Just because it think she's an arsehole.

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm going to just throw this out there; can we ban Wonder Woman in tournaments? Just because it think she's an arsehole.

:pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:

The joke's on you, Letters. Your video won't work :P

deathrider wrote: »
    The joke's on you, Letters. Your video won't work :P

edited :D

Well, in the newest DC continuity, Wonder Woman is the illegitimate child of Zeus.

Which means I will kind of have to play her, or esle he'll probably stare at me and sigh all night long.

edited :D

You can't hide the truth, man. It's still sitting in my last quote :P

Lots of interesting stuff here:
    http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/30/injustice-gods-among-us-to-feature-optional-street-fighter-style-controls-online-training-mode-new-story-details-and-trailer-released/

Push blocks (that cost meter)
    Option to turn off environmental gimmicks
    Online training mode
    Option to switch between MK style directional inputs and SF style quarter circles.

That last one is very interesting.

Be warned, there's major story spoilers at the end of the article, but they're highlighted well in advance so it's still safe to read.

• Advertisement

Looks like the story is basically the CSA vs the JLA.

I wonder will "good luthor" be in it.

Looks like the story is basically the CSA vs the JLA.
    I wonder will "good luthor" be in it.

Side note, you should all watch the animated "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths". Really great movie.

In fact, go watch all the DC animated movies. Aside from Superman/Batman: Public Enemies they're all of a shockingly high quality.

I don't even like DC comics at all, but I devour everything they animate.

Yeah I've seen most of the DC animated movies, the Dark Knight Returns ones are especially awesome.

Oh and it just occured to me...
    This plot isn't like the CSA- it's pretty much the EXACT plot to Kingdom come, a very famous painted comic book.

so apparently you can opt to turn off negative edge, thank the lord!

aswell with wakeups unlike with mk where its 11 invincible frames and 20 for ex one, each move will be have its own values.

Just when you thought you had enough Batman in your life.

injustice-killercroc.jpg

Killer Croc, Riddler and Penguin.

However, I very much doubt they are playable. The three character models shown above are directly lifted out of Arkham Asylum. (God I ****ing hate Arkham Croc. I'm not particularly interested in Croc in general, but this is up there with Harley levels of disdain. Can't beat The Animated Series Croc.) I wouldn't even believe this picture was real except Ed Boon himself tweeted it.

Theories currently run that this is just a random story mode thing, or that it's from an Arkham Asylum stage where the inmates act as environment hazards. I hope for the latter. That'd be awesome.
    You can see one of Croc's fingers sticking through Flash's head, so I would assume this is from a stage as the head grab would have to generally fit the varied skull size/positioning of the whole cast. If it was story mode they would have animated the grip correctly.

Apparently there was a bunch of DLC names leaked a while back and one of them was the Arkham pack, so if it is a stage, it could be DLC. I couldn't verify that leak though, so I dunno.

What do you have against the Arkham designs?

What do you have against the Arkham designs?
    I actually love all of them except for Harley and Croc! :pac:

Harley looks like a goth prostitute and Croc's teeth are so big he could barely open his mouth let alone bite anyone. (Bane's also a little iffy, but still passable. Catwoman would look great if her catsuit wasn't unzipped down to her navel.)

Is the thing about the visual assets from another company being used not a bit unusual?

I'm suprised I'm not reading mad fan speculation over it.

The Arkham games and Injustice are published by WB Games. They'll own everything anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement