Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Site Fencing

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Am looking for building site fencing the Cork area for my self build ? Any ideas where I would get this, either new or second hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

All i say is there is a world of second hand fencing out there of sites,so you should not have to buy new.Seen plenty in auctions along with scaffolding which seem plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

tipptom wrote: »
    All i say is there is a world of second hand fencing out there of sites,so you should not have to buy new.Seen plenty in auctions along with scaffolding which seem plentiful.

Great thanks. Where are these auctions advertised do you know ? Local press I suppose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

radar0976 wrote: »
    Great thanks. Where are these auctions advertised do you know ? Local press I suppose ?
    It might not be any harm to ring any big builders and see,there is a lot lying around ghost estates on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

tipptom wrote: »
    It might not be any harm to ring any big builders and see,there is a lot lying around ghost estates on the ground.

Good idea, thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

i have some and am in the fermoy area if your still looking ,

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I got some 2nd hand stuff at a good price from the Galway (Tuam) branch of www.siteserv.ie/rent_a_fence.htm
    they delivered it for free to the site in Limerick as they were passing on their way to another delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

sorry for digging this thread up again, anyone know where i could get site fencing ? im based in galway, will give siteserve a call, but anyone know anywhere else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I'll sell you mine for cheap price :) think it covered 30 meters with coupling hooks to join them together and the blocks to stand them in.
    In good condition, I'll try to get a picture up

Siteserv might try to install a Water Meter, isn't that what they are into now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

rok wrote: »
    I'll sell you mine for cheap price :) think it covered 30 meters with coupling hooks to join them together and the blocks to stand them in.

I'm looking for some in cork as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

rok wrote: »

I'm looking for some in cork as well.

Advertisement