Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing device settings from one Network to Another.

Options
  • 06-02-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 wifi device, Huawei E586 and have it working with a Meteor sim, when plugged in to desktop, but I need to get the wifi end working properly, so need to change some settings.

Below is screenshot of the basic WLAN settings, is it on this page that I change things, e.g. enter Meter SSID (where do I get that) and and is there anything else needs changing.

Sorry this wifi business is all new to me:confused:

CHANGE%20SSID%20ETC_zpsdmchz2ls.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wifi setup is entirely up to you. doesnt matter what ISP.

You can set the name to "DanjoWireless" say and set a password in the WPA-Preshared key field. The other two can be left as is.

Then go on a smartphone/tablet/laptop and you should see "DanjoWireless" in my example, click connect, enter password you set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

WPA PRE SHARE KEY

I've changed this on a few occasions but when I do I get authenticating problems when trying to connect to pc and smartphone. So I change it back to the original password.

Cant understand why the phone and pc didn't ask me to enter new password.

If I change it again what proceedure should I follow. eg reboot modem and pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you dont change the SSID too, they see it as the same network and assume they know the PSK.

You need to "Delete Network" or "Forget Network" on each device, then connect again and theyll ask for the PSK(Password). Procedure varies from device to device.

Advertisement