Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-reflective filter for glossy screen?

Options
  • 01-12-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Howaya all! I have an Acer Aspire 3633 and while it's a top notch laptop the glossy screen is doing me head in as I work a lot with graphic art and seeing myself in the screen as opposed to what I'm working on is getting on me nerves. So is there some kind of filter I can put on it to give it more of a matte look/reduce reflectiveness?

Thanx :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 acerwarranty

I use a crystalbrite screen and nearly all units and brands are using it/similar ones due to outstanding quality and as a graphic designer this should be even more the case due to the colour depth it gives on screen. It sounds as if your lighting isn't correct as any standard office lighting shouldn't cause that. other issues are sitting directly beneath lights but it should be very little reflection caused by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I work from home and the lighting isn't really an issue at night as I generally have no lights on...but in daylight just about everything reflects on the screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 acerwarranty

try not to sit were the sun light is directly hitting onto the screen. Any screen would suffer a slight reflection if it was hitting it directly. but any normal outside light (i.e. not sun rays) shouldn't cause issues and most internal house lights wouldn't cause it either unless they are hitting the screen directly from behind

Advertisement