Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1year old HP Laptop Pavellion broken

Options
  • 29-11-2007 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all!Im new and got a problem with my laptop.Nothing comes on the screen, the blue lights are on, there is a clicking noise that when it starts to power but the screen is blank.The shop I bought it from had closed down so I sent it be repaired to a local computer repair shop.He cannot fix it, say I send it to the HP factory. (Is there one in Ireland?)Any advice about posting it away to be repair, worth the trouble.I really dont know why it happen and neither the repair man.Hopefully will be able to get all my files back up. fingers crossed.Does anyone know why it happen and any tips to fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

From what you describe there as several possibilites for what is wrong.
    1. The RAM (memory) in the machine is faulty and stopping it working properly.
    To remedy this you would remove each stick of ram from their slots located probably on the underside of the laptop and try turning on the laptop with 1 stick of ram in at a time.
    This will tell you if a) a stick of ram is faulty and b) if this is indeed the problem.
    2. The "ticking" noise could be your hard drive failing, but something would still be displayed on the screen even if your hard drive was dying so this is a less likely option.
    3.The motherboard of the laptop has developed a fault, if this is the case it is often too expensive to repair and really just not worth the hassle unless its under warranty.
    Check HP's website for a service centre nearby or a technical support number...but I can imagine even for them to look at it will not be cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Miss Jade

Thank you for your reply.Will ask him to check.

Advertisement