Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel recommendations

Options
  • 04-09-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel. Basically the story is my grandmother is 83 and has never stayed in a hotel in her life so we want to change that and book her in for a night somewhere with my 2 aunts (they're her carers) she's wheelchair bound and hates lifts so would preferably like to book a hotel that has a ground floor family room and provides room service (she's unable to hold cutlery to feed herself so wouldn't like eating in a restaurant) . She wouldn't be up for travelling very far so that's why we thought sticking to the Cavan area would be best for her.
    I know that it might look like a tall order with the specifics mentioned but really hoping we can pull this off for her. at her age and with her health issues I really think she deserves it. Thanks for all and any help/ advice you can give :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

OK I can recommend a few hotels in the cavan area but i would be unsure if any of them have ground floor family rooms. Also the hotels I would be recommending will be a little pricey. Other users may know more about the hotels than I do and be able to answer if they have your room requirement. Alternatively ring the hotels and ask.
    My recommendations would be as follows:

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cavan Town
    Slieve Russell Hotel, Ballyconnell
    Cavan Crystal Hotel, Cavan Town
    Kilmore Hotel, Cavan Town

All those hotels are very nice and any time I have been in them (not overnight) I have received very efficient service.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

lycan238 wrote: »
    OK I can recommend a few hotels in the cavan area but i would be unsure if any of them have ground floor family rooms. Also the hotels I would be recommending will be a little pricey. Other users may know more about the hotels than I do and be able to answer if they have your room requirement. Alternatively ring the hotels and ask.
    My recommendations would be as follows:

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cavan Town
    Slieve Russell Hotel, Ballyconnell
    Cavan Crystal Hotel, Cavan Town
    Kilmore Hotel, Cavan Town

All those hotels are very nice and any time I have been in them (not overnight) I have received very efficient service.

I stayed in the Cavan crystal hotel about 3 weeks ago. Fantastic hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

godtabh wrote: »
    I stayed in the Cavan crystal hotel about 3 weeks ago. Fantastic hotel

I had a Christmas party there a number of years ago and the Radisson hotel the year after and service was very good. I also had a spa treatment in the Radisson and stayed in the Radisson hotel in Sligo a few years back (won a voucher in a raffle).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Radisson has double rooms on the ground level. there is a ramp type thing from the lobby up to the level of the rooms, about 5 steps worth. worth taking a spin out to check, I suppose .

Advertisement