Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singing coach required kildare area

Options
  • 01-10-2012 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good vocal coach in the kildare/dublin area? that can focus on an adult voice with previous experience?

any help would be appreciated thanks:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cathaljack

Mod: Please contact a moderator if you wish to be added to the singing and vocals directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lillywhite09

Hi, i'm in Kildare too, if you can sing at all and not tone deaf, after that i'ts practice, practice, practice. find a song/s that you like that are easy listening or easy to play on guitar, like the gambler by Kenny Rodgers, and work from there, no one likes the sound of their own voice, so get someone else's opinion, thats what i did and i'm only playing guitar a year and am self thought, if i can be of any help send a msg, good luck with it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Hi there - there is a singing and vocals directory here which lists people that can help you in Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi, i'm in Kildare too, if you can sing at all and not tone deaf, after that i'ts practice, practice, practice. find a song/s that you like that are easy listening or easy to play on guitar, like the gambler by Kenny Rodgers, and work from there, no one likes the sound of their own voice, so get someone else's opinion, thats what i did and i'm only playing guitar a year and am self thought, if i can be of any help send a msg, good luck with it,

There's quite a lot more to singing than "sing a lot"

bluewolf wrote: »
    There's quite a lot more to singing than "sing a lot"
    depends on what or where your going to sing, if you can't sing no amount of coaching is going to help, but if you can sing a bit then obviously the more you sing the better you get, the same as playing a guitar its all about practice, plenty of people out there who say they can help you to sing and charge an arm and a leg, and at the end of it all you still can't sing

• Advertisement

depends on what or where your going to sing, if you can't sing no amount of coaching is going to help, but if you can sing a bit then obviously the more you sing the better you get, the same as playing a guitar its all about practice, plenty of people out there who say they can help you to sing and charge an arm and a leg, and at the end of it all you still can't sing

Sorry but what constitutes 'cant sing'? I am a voice coach and have helped each and every singer that has passed my door to sound better. They may not end up like Celine Dion but you can dramatically improve your voice by improving your technique. What your saying is a myth that too many people believe unfortunately. If you sing a lot, it doesnt mean you'll get better. If your technique is crap, then you could end up just doing damage, not get better. When you have the technique right, you can then practice loads and get better. Even tone deaf people can improve. It varies person to person of course but you can get better than where you were.

Wurly wrote: »
    Sorry but what constitutes 'cant sing'? I am a voice coach and have helped each and every singer that has passed my door to sound better. They may not end up like Celine Dion but you can dramatically improve your voice by improving your technique. What your saying is a myth that too many people believe unfortunately. If you sing a lot, it doesnt mean you'll get better. If your technique is crap, then you could end up just doing damage, not get better. When you have the technique right, you can then practice loads and get better. Even tone deaf people can improve. It varies person to person of course but you can get better than where you were.
    I think 95% of people just want to sing normal songs, and plenty can, i have a daughter who has been compared to celine dion as you are using her as an example, no doubt if you want to be a professional singer or an opera singer that lessons would help, i'm talking from personal experience here and i find that whilst i could always sing ballads [ when drunk lol ] since i started playing guitar and practicing both singing and playing i have found a greater range to my voice, i'm not saying your not good at what you do, i just think its money for old rope, the same as guitar lessons, i learned off youtube and can play hundreds of songs, suppose we all have to make a living though

I think 95% of people just want to sing normal songs, and plenty can, i have a daughter who has been compared to celine dion as you are using her as an example, no doubt if you want to be a professional singer or an opera singer that lessons would help, i'm talking from personal experience here and i find that whilst i could always sing ballads [ when drunk lol ] since i started playing guitar and practicing both singing and playing i have found a greater range to my voice, i'm not saying your not good at what you do, i just think its money for old rope, the same as guitar lessons, i learned off youtube and can play hundreds of songs, suppose we all have to make a living though
    also people who "can't sing" don't really want to and just prefer to listen to someone who can, again that's my opinion and i've been singing and listening to singers for over 50 years, keep up the good work

I would ask kindly that you not describe my career and that of other posters as 'money for old rope'. This is a friendly forum and what your saying could be deemed as quite offensive to some.

There are a lot of rogues on youtube. I'm glad you have had a good experience on youtube and that singing a lot works for you. However, having studied the voice on both an academic and practical level, this does not work for all. Certain muscles need to be toned and certain breathing practices need to be learned for healthy singing.
    also people who "can't sing" don't really want to and just prefer to listen to someone who can, again that's my opinion and i've been singing and listening to singers for over 50 years, keep up the good work
    This again is not true. I have come across loads of people who abandoned their dreams of singing because they're afraid that they 'cant sing'.

Now can I respectfully ask that we get back to the original topic. The OP wanted advice on a singing coach. Whether you deem them to be money for old rope is frankly irrelevant to the OP.

On topic from now on please.

Lillywhite09, enjoy your two week holiday from Singing and Vocals. Personal abuse of any kind is not tolerated here. Your post has been deleted.

Wurly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 stone_cutter

they also claim to improve those who dont need training , did elvis or frank sinatra have a voice coach , if your a good singer , its a talent your born with , you dont need someone to intelectualise it for you

The next person to derail this thread about the merits of voice coaching will receive a ban. The OP has asked that somebody recommend a voice coach. So unless someone has any advice to add on this topic, please refrain from posting. Consider this a warning.

Wurly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 catz86

I'd like to add I have been singing in a professional capacity for 15 years, it is not a beginner query.

My previous vocal coach moved away and thats why I am looking for names, numbers, recommendations for another in the kildare area, not an argument about what is good singing, thanks

Hi catz86,

Considering you have waited so long for a recommendation, I thought I might pipe in. I offer voice coaching in Dublin and Moate, Co Westmeath. If you would like some further information, please feel free to PM me.

Advertisement