Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, I started HRT this week.

• 20-09-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

First post, Hi! I'm Allison, or Ally.

So I made this kind of as a HRT Log like I saw some others doing and also as a kind of place where I can just like express my excitement to finally be in this place in my life.

I guess I'll start with monday. I got my first Zoladex shot, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, but that's mostly cause I had been psyching myself out for about 8 months by looking at pictures of the big **** off needle.

Within the first three days I had checked headache, nausea and insomnia off the side effects list, I kind of just chalked that up to the initial T spike that Zoladex causes. What didn't help is that my dad caught a cold on Tuesday and gave it to me, so I'm still sick from that.

So I'm 5 days in and I've already noticed that my skin feels softer which is really nice. It's really reaffirming to like, feel a physical difference already. I know it takes a while for the other stuff to happen, but this was a pleasant surprise.

I'm due to go back to Loughlinstown on December 17th to start on estrogen(what an amazing christmas present tho) and my next shot is on the 12th of october. So yeah, I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Best of luck with your transition. It's a huge step and a brave one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh, you are in for a fun time! And by fun, I mean horrible. Have the hot flushes started yet? Because those suck, and won't go away until you start on estrogen. Sorry, just had to give you a heads up about that.

But congrats! You must feel thrilled right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 allycatsub

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh, you are in for a fun time! And by fun, I mean horrible. Have the hot flushes started yet? Because those suck, and won't go away until you start on estrogen. Sorry, just had to give you a heads up about that.

But congrats! You must feel thrilled right now.

Yeah I had my first one yesterday and another one last night in bed RIGHT AS I WAS ON THE CUSP OF SLEEP TOO.

And yeah It was weird tho, cause I got the first shot on Monday but it only kind of clicked in my head this morning, like I was reading your HRT log over breakfast and like any time you said in the early stages something happened that happened to me, I just had like the biggest smile on my face and it dawned on me that like. IT's not a case of "hopefully soon" anymore cause it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Talk about a delayed reaction :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Don't have any experience with this, but wanted to add in my support and wish you good luck :)

Day 8, and I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me or if it's cause of the Zoladex, but my appetite has gone way up the last 2 days. On a normal day, I'll wake up, have breakfast a few hours after waking up, then have dinner like 6 hours later and that's all I'll eat in a day, I just don't get hungry. The last 2 days, I've been hella hungry like 2 hours after eating.

Hot flushes were way bad last night, but nothing I couldn't handle, and, again maybe it's my mind but my boobs feel kinda tender already. (Plus my cold has finally buggered off so I can breathe again)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

I have no idea about this stuff but I wanna say well done :) No doubt its been a hard road to get this far!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

The very best of luck with your transition hun!

If you need a chat, we're all here for you, me included, I love a good chatter about just about anything or I can spend 30mins talking about how much of an Adonis Chris Evans is whilst you listen in awe.:pac::pac:

Anyway, I can't wait to hear how you get on :)

Fyi: It took me a full 10 minutes to realise your username wasn't "AllysCatClub" haha, I need sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

hot flashes, nausea, feels like everything's slowing down... i miss those days. not really.

congrats on you're first step. don't worry if it feels like its taking forever, you're making progress. keep us updated.

So, morning 14. Officially half way through my first dose and I've kind of normalized. I spent the first 10 days or so hella sick, and I'm glad that's finally gone.

I think I'm feeling things more? Like, I get WAAAAY more into music. When I'm out walking, I used to kind of walk in step to the beat and nod my head along, but the last few days I've been like, moving a lot more to it and doing stuff with my arms, which I'm pretty sure gets me a lot of odd looks (But I got those from the green hair anyway)

But yeah other than that, not much to report.

OH! I'm getting my Septum pierced later today so I'll prolly post a pic of that in here once I get past the image barrier :P

Advertisement