Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Plumbing problem

Options
  • 18-09-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    I need to join these two fittings together, the thing is that I've no experience with plumbing at all and I'm sure there is a way but I've no idea how.

Thanks in advance (please see attached pic)

Rob
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

rob_j_l wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I need to join these two fittings together, the thing is that I've no experience with plumbing at all and I'm sure there is a way but I've no idea how.

Thanks in advance (please see attached pic)

Rob
    :)

a 1/2" 315 brass fitting will screw on to your pex pipes coming in and then a 1/2" x 10mm 348 reducing set, will fit into the 315 fitting and reduce the 1/2" to 10mm to take the tap tails.....
    oh and some fillers to keep out the furry ones.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

oh and some fillers to keep out the furry ones.......

A small bit of expanding form will sort that out in a matter of seconds.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rob_j_l

Thank you all, much appreciated, I'll post a pic of the finished bathroom when I've finished

:rolleyes:

just to be a pain guys - the original pipes need to be split to two taps

do i split them before reducing to 10mm or after?

again thanks in advance

Not sure if I follow ! So I am taking it from the photo that it is a mono block tap, that is two 10mm pipes in with only one spout, so it is one tail for each 1/2" feed, is it not,
    So one feed in for each tap tail.....!!!

• Advertisement

sorry the pic only shows one half of the sink cabnet, there are to sinks above each with a tap(you see the fittings for one tap in the pic)

thanks again
    rob
    :rolleyes:

Better to tee off at the 1/2"pipes,
    firstly it will give you more water through the taps if yours is just a gravity feed system, giving a more equal flow if the two taps are opened, and chances are fittings and piping will be cheaper in the bigger size............

i still havn't done this job ... hmm must get on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

rob_j_l wrote: »
    i still havn't done this job ... hmm must get on that :)

Sure what's another three years?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The copper pipes coming from the taps can be changed for flexible ones. Any good plumbing trade counter. The flexible ones are easier to fit especially if you have never done it before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement