Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time gettin hair coloured

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

hi,
    sorry if this is a stupid question
    I want to change my hair for christmas, am a mousey brown colour but would like to go for a richer colour, caramel/chocolatemaybe
    never got my hair coloured in salon before so just wondered if Iwent in to a hairdresser, would they be able to suggest colours for me or would they think i mad for not knowing what i want!!
    I know i'll need a colour test so I suppose I could ask then,
    what exactly would I be asking for, if I just said i want my hair coloured will they come out with a load of options asking what i want, (highlights/lowlights etc!!)
    dont want to look like a fool!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Nope, sure theyll be able to recommend colours and shades of it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Half the time I go to the hairdressers I have no clue what colour I want, or have gone in wanting to go blonde, been shown a colour book and come out with chocolate brown! :D They'll show you a colour book, do a skin test for allergies, and talk you about what shades will suit you, then it's up to you to pick. They might offer you highlights, but probably not if it's your first time getting a colour done, might be a lot of change at once.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well it's not too complicated and the hairdresser will be able to make recommendations. Lowlights will make it darker- say your own colour with some chocolate browns in it. Or highlights would be your own colour with lighter pieces through it, like caramel blonde highlights. Think what you want, look at pictures in magazines to see if there's any hair colours that take your eye.
    If you want subtle they might just do a sprinkling of blonde highlights with some brown lowlights so the regrowth won't be obvious. Or maybe something more dramatic- a whole chocolate brown colour perhaps with chunkier blonde highlights. The colourist should know what would suit you/go with your colouring etc.

Advertisement