Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

international couriers- cost effective solution needed

Options
  • 30-08-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping for some advice re couriers (international). I own a recent start up that manufactures accessories within the baby industry. I have a number of baby retailers internationally that are interested in stocking my products. At the moment I use priority parcel post with An Post for individual customers and this seems to be the most cost effective option at the moment- however insurance is only up to 150euro. Being honest while the retail value of this items is much higher my costs for an average parcel going to a retail outlet is probably going to be around €400. So I'm wondering if it is worth the risk given how cost effective it is.

So far my customers outside Ireland are in Switzerland, Dubai and the UK. The costs of couriers to Dubai (DHL etc) would be cost prohibitive and I know it would put these retailers off unless I can offer them shipping at a much lower price. I'd love to hear if anyone has any recommendations or if they use An Post priority parcel- I'm concerned about the risk of local post companies taking over as opposed to one courier company.

Any advice or recommendations welcome

Advertisement