Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Athlone

Options
  • 16-07-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

We're looking to organise a stag in Athlone for early Sept-ish. Aside from looking for the usual info about the best pubs etc. to go to, does anyone have any recommendations of decent accommodation? In an ideal world we'd rent houses or self-catering accommodation somewhere close-ish to town, but failing that the usual hotels/B&Bs. We've had Shines recommended to us, but is it a bit far from town?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

brophs wrote: »
    We're looking to organise a stag in Athlone for early Sept-ish. Aside from looking for the usual info about the best pubs etc. to go to, does anyone have any recommendations of decent accommodation? In an ideal world we'd rent houses or self-catering accommodation somewhere close-ish to town, but failing that the usual hotels/B&Bs. We've had Shines recommended to us, but is it a bit far from town?

Cheers.
    Yes too far. The tenner you'd save would be spent on taxis. The bar in general there is minus crack.

I recommend prince for value. Right beside bar and club on main street and cheaper than other central hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Yes too far. The tenner you'd save would be spent on taxis. The bar in general there is minus crack.

I recommend prince for value. Right beside bar and club on main street and cheaper than other central hotels.

Cheers. Spoke to Prince but they're twice as much as Shines (€125 p/p for the two nights v €64 p/p). I'll probably keep looking, as I don't want to make it too pricey for people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

Don't know if you are interested but the pub Murphy's law does a great burger & breakfast challenge. I've done both! It's a bit of craic and cheap too. Beers are very reasonable too.

Burger one looks like this;

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Kilbeggan races

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

Arch House B&B have self catering apartments in the middle of town. Might be worth a look.

Also Bay Sports have an water activities that might be a bit of fun. Booze cruise on River Run boat is good craic with a crowd and the lads running it are sound. Full bar & music on board.

Lots of choices for bars, restaurants etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement