Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick shooting

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

eoin wrote: »
    Well, you're writing a good bit here.

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,983 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think that these "communities" have always been skirted around and pretty much left to their own devices all over the country, treated with kid-gloves by everyone. Protected species comes to mind. While you don't hear a peep out of many of them, there is this ultra-violent element that is now costing us a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Absolute scum bullying the citizens of this city, this is the second time in months that an innocent life was taken cause of this sh1t, personally I think this case is even worse as someone was doing the right thing and standing up and testifying and he paid the price.

It seems the gardai cant protect us anymore, Im not saying there doing a bad job, its just they can only do so much within the law.

Its times like these that call for a vigilante group to take these people out. Sounds childish but its actually the only solution at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

testicle wrote: »
    And all because he gave evidence against the scumbag traveller, Wayne Dundon, 4 years ago.
    i guess the only thing you can learn from it is, dont give evidence against the scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

zig wrote: »
    Absolute scum bullying the citizens of this city, this is the second time in months that an innocent life was taken cause of this sh1t, personally I think this case is even worse as someone was doing the right thing and standing up and testifying and he paid the price.

It seems the gardai cant protect us anymore, Im not saying there doing a bad job, its just they can only do so much within the law.

Its times like these that call for a vigilante group to take these people out. Sounds childish but its actually the only solution at this stage.
    it seems bad that this guy was killed because of the structure of the justice system.
    need more cctv i guess?

• Advertisement

stainluss wrote: »
    it seems bad that this guy was killed because of the structure of the justice system.
    need more cctv i guess?
    Maybe it would help, but overall I think these people need to be just removed from society.
    It was like the time Keane walked free after murdering because all of the witnesses suddenly got amnesia.

zig wrote: »
    Maybe it would help, but overall I think these people need to be just removed from society.
    It was like the time Keane walked free after murdering because all of the witnesses suddenly got amnesia.

They're probably still alive, and glad they kept their mouths shut.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They're probably still alive, and glad they kept their mouths shut.
    thats my point, its madness that these people have control over the law, they can eliminate witnesses with death threats and can control the outcome of a trial. Its absolute insanity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I love these threads, they're like a competition to see who can come up with the least plausible solution.

Just nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭n0fX

Rayan wrote: »
    Why? Because the structure is in place in Irish and UK society that allows lunatics like this to reproduce, and ENCOURAGES and REWARDS them. I can almost guarantee you that most of these criminals come from broken homes, single mothers, parents arguing, alcoholic/junkie parents etc.

Target that structure and repair, disincentivizing people of this nature ^ from having children at all would be a much more effective long-term solution in my opinion.

You mean like a Final solution?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Well what is going to happen if the state doesn't get a handle on this, is the operational strength of these gangs is going to grow and grow and it won't just be a Limerick problem anymore. My solution is a black ops type tactical operation to take out the leaders and if anyone wants to fill the power vacuum, then they get added to the hitlist and eventually people will get the message.

So your plan is to keep murdering people until law and order is restored?
    I assume at this point your hitsquad will then commit seppiku, what with them being mass murders and all.

Or will we need a second hitsquad to kill them for being murders, and then another for them and so on and so forth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Just nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

NTM

or not maybe you do realise theres prob 200 people in limerick involved in this feud, including all gangs. basically they all need to be taken out or like i dunno send them to spain for a couple of weeks, dont think the westies lasted too long in spain

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The last time someone failed to heed that advice, there were only two survivors...

NTM

How's about we get them involved in one of these road-building projects?

http://www.nomadjournaltrips.com/road_of_bones_siberia

A Russian cliché suggests there is one dead Russian per every meter of road. Considering the road is 2,000 kilometers long, this means there are roughly 2 million dead Russians in the road. The road of bones in Siberia is a true horror of horrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the_Todd

So we just let INNOCENT people die and let entire communities live in fear of these criminals (who have so much power they can literally get away with murder).

and for what?

to stop a small number of retards from becoming junkies?

I think our priorities are a little mixed up.

1920's USA. Same problem, same solution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

the_Todd wrote: »

Prohibition of alcohol? No thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bring the fedora back into style?

I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the_Todd

eoin wrote: »
    Prohibition of alcohol? No thanks.
    bring the fedora back into style?

I like it!

:rolleyes:

The problem i was refering to was prohibition.
    The solution was it being lifted.

Granted it wasn't repealed untill the early 30's, but the problem itself is mainly associated nowadays with the 1920's (due to the bulk of it being in the 1920's and it only being there for the start of the 30's....and i'm assuming it was already on the way out by 1930).

I liked you better when you were pro-fedora.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

:rolleyes:

The problem i was refering to was prohibition.
    The solution was it being lifted.

Granted it wasn't repealed untill the early 30's, but the problem itself is mainly associated nowadays with the 1920's (due to the bulk of it being in the 1920's and it only being there for the start of the 30's....and i'm assuming it was already on the way out by 1930).

Ah, Rolleyes - what a great comeback.

I'd rather not see those kind of drugs legalised.

Advertisement