Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with hdmi

Options
  • 27-11-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

hey, iv been having a problem the last couple of days, where i start my pc up but i just get a black screen on my monitor doesn't say no input signal or anything just black, when connect by hdmi from my graphics card, but if i use the motherboard hdmi, it boots up and i can see the sign in screen and it displays fine. Could this be the graphics card or something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there,

Sounds like it could be hdmi cable try a different one and if not that make sure you have right drivers installed for hdmi cable.hope I helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Thanks for the reply, no ive tried differdnt hdmi's its not that and i have the drivers updated

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Other then that only thing it could be is graphic driver doesn't recognise it run a test on your PC to test your screen display,at start press f1 r f12 depending on computer you have a run PC test on it and see if it passes if it doesn't it's grapic card best I can do with info provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

blockedPaT wrote: »
    hey, iv been having a problem the last couple of days, where i start my pc up but i just get a black screen on my monitor doesn't say no input signal or anything just black, when connect by hdmi from my graphics card, but if i use the motherboard hdmi, it boots up and i can see the sign in screen and it displays fine. Could this be the graphics card or something else?

Go into the bios, there should be a setting for selecting the graphics adapter to use, select the pci express option

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

thanks for the replies, im fairly sure its the graphics card now, the bios was already on pci express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Reload the Graphics drivers.
    Often this is caused by poor drivers not starting up correctly after hibernate or sleep.

Does this still happen when cold booting ?

Advertisement