Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, someone thinks you look like Morrissey

• 12-04-2009 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Is this a good or bad thing?

Morrissey? 18 votes

Wow! He's a hot vegetarian.
    0% 0 votes
    **** me. What a minger.
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Bad thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh, you poor thing. OP, if you like I can move this to personal issues for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I can't believe someone started this thread. The man turns 50 on the 22nd of May this year and he looks outstanding for his age. Lady Gaga said in a recent interview that she considers him the most stylish celebrity. He has an excellent fashion sense which cannot be disputed. What you see is what you get, and despite his self deprecating bones and skin, he's the most graceful and good looking 49 year old I've ever seen. If I looked like him at that age I would be delighted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Think someone reckoned CroppyBoy looked like Morrisey in a recent know your nerds pic. I thought he was more Stephen Hendry though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Lady Gaga said in a recent interview that she considers him the most stylish celebrity.

Who in the name of fúck would listen to a thing that bint had to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

So, 100% positive, mofos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lady Gaga said in a recent interview that she considers him the most stylish celebrity.

She must have had her p-p-poker face on when she said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cool, you guys. I always knew I was hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

javaboy wrote: »
    Think someone reckoned CroppyBoy looked like Morrisey in a recent know your nerds pic. I thought he was more Stephen Hendry though.

OOPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I wouldn't have thought Morrissey was a bad looking guy in his earlier years (cf girlfriend in a coma video).
    Nowadays, he seems a bit on the bloated side (physically and musically? ;)).
    OK, i suppose the guy is 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Here,
    I saw Morrissey last year in the Marquee in Cork, and to me he's an absolute legend. Granted he sweats like a paedo in a barney costume and he also went through 5 shirts on the night through profuse sweating, but the girls at the front quite enjoyed his soiled garments as he threw them into the crowd..... so I guess what I'm sayin' is I'd take it as a compliment to be described as him, that and I'm quite hammered at the moment, but god dammit the smiths rock!! At least you don't look like Macaulay Culkin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

depends on whether the person who said it is a fan or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

depends if you can do a decent impression... if so.... then you have a job ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Peiking Duck

Morrissey is and looks awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Who the fúck is Lady Gaga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

she sings this song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dmigsy wrote: »
    Is this a good or bad thing?

Young Morrissey or old Morrissey? I thought he was quite good looking in his youth. He looks quite saggy now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends if you're m or f I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They're trying to tell you nicely that you're an emo... Take it as an insult

Who in the name of fúck would listen to a thing that bint had to say?
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    She must have had her p-p-poker face on when she said that.

It was posted on a Morrissey fansite, I didn't watch her interviews or go onto her website or anything. I only heard of her a few weeks ago. My sister is 16 and listens to chart music, as most 16 year old girls do I suppose, and she probably thinks Morrissey is some silly old man. I had quite a smug face on when I told her what Lady Gaga said.

But no really you only need to go to a Morrissey concert and see fans imitating his appearance with regard to the hair and attire in order to appreciate how stylish and aesthetically pleasing he is. You don't get fans trying to imitate the appearance of the lead singer of the pixies, not on purpose anyhow.

http://www.aversion.com/news/images/morrisseynaked_020209.jpg
    Morrissey and his 7 inch :D

I believe he has also lost a bit of weight since he appeared on Jonathan Ross last. He was looking quite stocky although not fat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Morrissey's a cnut

I have no basis for that statement though, he just is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Mark is that you?
    Its ok you don't really look like Morrissey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Morrissey is the mostly stylish man in music. I would take it as a compliment to be compared to him.

Morrissey's a cnut

I have no basis for that statement though, he just is

Well go make your baseless accusations elsewhere. You're a child molester, I have no basis for that statement, you just are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Princess Jade

Oh, you poor thing. OP, if you like I can move this to personal issues for you.

Like you do with the "Me Da/Ma/Hamster just died and I need hugs/attention" threads?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Doesn't matter if you look like him.

I'd only be offended if people told you you acted like him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

You are better off not knowing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

My surname's Morrissey

I just thought i'd throw that little piece of trivial information out there!

Enjoy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I can't believe someone started this thread. The man turns 50 on the 22nd of May this year and he looks outstanding for his age.
    Oh wow, Morrissey was my first adolescent crush. Gorgeous-looking man in his prime. But I completely disagree he looks well for 50... considering he looks about 60. Time has not been kind to him. Bit of shaping up though would improve him greatly - he's still very good-looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if someone told me i looked like that fool i would get a rope straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

All in all, i'd say it is the one of the greatest compliments a human being could ever recieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ascanbe wrote: »
    All in all, i'd say it is the one of the greatest compliments a human being could ever recieve.
    Not if your a woman

Advertisement