Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Cost of living down" - Have you ever heard such bull

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

zefer wrote: »
    Tesco is even cheaper for things like Lynx than lidl now. One of their many items to have been brought down recently

Were they out of insect repellent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yes OP I agree,the cost of living here is ridiculous.Ive spent the last few months around Europe-Ireland is by far the most expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

K-9 wrote: »
    It's a 3% deduction. LOL

Buy a 2 litre if you want value.

the 1.25 liter is the best value... 1.96 in the local mace...

as a 2 liter is just too much you Might have to share it...

i dont share much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And have you seen the price of fuel now compared to July? Or any fuel price in early 2008? It has seen a huge decrease.

the price of a barrel of oil is now 65% less than it was last summer, 2 months ago it was 80% less than summer 2008, the price of petrol at the pumps in ireland has fallen approx 25%; in any language thats a big gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

S.I.R wrote: »
    the 1.25 liter is the best value... 1.96 in the local mace...

as a 2 liter is just too much you Might have to share it...

i dont share much :rolleyes:

But price per litre.

Though actually, good point.

If you want your Coke to stay fizzy, buy a .5 Ltr, you'll pay more though.

If not, buy the 1.25, 1.5 or 2 litre.

If you buy a 1.25 ltr a day, well the price should be the least of your worries,

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

K-9 wrote: »
    But price per litre.

Though actually, good point.

If you want your Coke to stay fizzy, buy a .5 Ltr, you'll pay more though.

If not, buy the 1.25, 1.5 or 2 litre.

If you buy a 1.25 ltr a day, well the price should be the least of your worries,

i prefare the 500 cause when your traveling around alot you don't wanna be stopping all the time for toilet breaks...

but generally ive noticed everything's down a few cents ( on average )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Just back from a spin to Enniskillen....

60 cans of Strongbow (I cant taste the diff between it and Bulmers, only its way cheaper)
    1 Litre of Smirnoff Vodka
    2 x 3litre container Rose Wine (Blossim Hill - will be drank quickly thanks to the GF)
    3 cans of Lyns
    Some sausages and bread for brekkie tomorrow

A grand total of £85, plus just under 10euro diesel for the drive

Patriotic duty me hole, I don't dare think how much that would have cost me down here

Or you could of saved about a 100 euro and not bothered buying them at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

with my 204 euros a week (dole)

I pay my rent eat a very good diet and have enough money to pay my bills, and have ennough left over to put petrol in my car and save 10 euros a week with credit union for crimbo :)

i think super value has got better there own brand custard creams have droped in price :D

tolet peaper best place is the two euro mart :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

sunnyside wrote: »
    My house insurance cost €50 more than it did last year even though the house is probably worth much less. The reason they gave was the increased amount of claims for flood damage in the last year. My house or area didn't suffer flood damage.

Why didn't you ring around for other quotes then, you're not obliged to stay with the same company.

Also what your house is worth has nothing to do with insuring it - I'm going to say this again because a lot of people don't seem to realise it - DO NOT INSURE YOUR HOUSE FOR WHAT YOU THINK IT WILL SELL FOR, BUT WHAT IT WOULD COST TO REBUILD

The insurers will in any event only pay the cost of rebuilding, so if you bought your house for say 400k, and insure it for 400k, you are throwing money away. The house would cost say 200k to build, and thats the price you need to insure it for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

What about main stuff? If you can provide me with (say) 5 examples of this, I will withdraw my statement

The Telegraph has a section every weekend where they give the prices of 'average' good bought by 'average' families (bread, milk, etc...) which suggests that prices are about 5% less than this time last year. (yeah I know it's only for the UK)

This article is pretty good and bang up to date.

Dublin is world's 13th most expensive city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

yeah im sure you got from Galway to Eniskillen on 10e diesel!! !:rolleyes:

I'm not in Galway :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot to add that I also for 24 cans of Coke for £5 - That works out at about €0.25c a can :D

jackncoke wrote: »
    Or you could of saved about a 100 euro and not bothered buying them at all

Wow, you sound like fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The good news is the gas tariff drops by 12% in May and prolly another 10% in the Autumn, so ending it all is getting cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Cadburys Chocolate Shortcake biscuits are down to a euro in Spar. We're saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

DrumSteve wrote: »
    there lowering more than that heh heh heh

please refer to post 18

:p

• Advertisement

Wow, you sound like fun

Yep, it's only possible to have fun whilst drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Wow, you sound like fun

Thank you,we should party

jackncoke wrote: »
    Thank you,we should party

Naked? :pac:

Back on topic: In January Spar Firelogs were only 1euro. They took a little more encouragement to get going than the Bord na Mona ones but for what I use them for they were perfect

Yep, it's only possible to have fun whilst drinking.

What an ignorant comment.

:pac::D

Naked? :pac:

Back on topic: In January Spar Firelogs were only 1euro. They took a little more encouragement to get going than the Bord na Mona ones but for what I use them for they were perfect

Do we really need to hear about your sexual perversions??

• Advertisement

i'm going to be in the north later..

anyone want anythin in the shop? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Don't be fooled by the gas & electricity drops, they went up around 40%+ from 2007 and well into 2008 so you are really getting 2008 prices when the drop occurs.

If that price of a barrel of oil starts climbing soon, say your prayers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Well if the cost of living has come down it hasn't hit my house yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

gurramok wrote: »
    Don't be fooled by the gas & electricity drops, they went up around 40%+ from 2007 and well into 2008 so you are really getting 2008 prices when the drop occurs.

If that price of a barrel of oil starts climbing soon, say your prayers :D
    The price of gas went up by 20% in 2008. We have a 12% drop now so we are still paying 8% more than what we were paying in early 2008. The regulator specifically kept it that way so there is still room if the price of wholesale gas increases to keep the current prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Was in Tesco last week and buying those nice Crunchie chocolate yoghurt thingys. The were €1.04 each and they're was a big yellow "Special Offer" sticker saying "Buy 2 for €2.50"

Some offer that!!!! :eek:

Reported it and it was removed by the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

please refer to post 18

:p

i thought i put it more eloquently lol

see post 31 for more highbrow tomfoolery.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

445279.ie wrote: »
    Was in Tesco last week and buying those nice Crunchie chocolate yoghurt thingys. The were €1.04 each and they're was a big yellow "Special Offer" sticker saying "Buy 2 for €2.50"

Some offer that!!!! :eek:

Reported it and it was removed by the next day
    Holy Crap I completely forgot about Crunchie Yoghurts! Just set an alarm to remind me tomorrow to get some :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Ѡ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Certainly there are savings to be made on the important things.
    I just bought a box of Miller in tescos for €15.00
    All is Loveee!!!.

Advertisement