Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot wont open window washers not working?

Options
  • 19-01-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi, as the name of the thread suggests ive no water and cant open the boot of the car (its a 07 if that helps) id say its just a fuse or something anyone know i rang the dealer and they suggested a 120Euro diagnosis, which to me sounds mad id say a fuse would sort it?

any help appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi, as the name of the thread suggests ive no water and cant open the boot of the car (its a 07 if that helps) id say its just a fuse or something anyone know i rang the dealer and they suggested a 120Euro diagnosis, which to me sounds mad id say a fuse would sort it?

any help appreciated, cheers.

What make/model/year/eng type car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

its a 07 opel astra 2 door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

its a fuse allright. 10A (number 8 in the fusebox in the engine bay if i remember correctly) its a half size fuse not the normal one. changed one of these for a mate last week. seems to happen on all astras.

cheers i thought it would be that ill order one of them so, i could just fit it myself could nt I ? just clip it in like? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Is it not covered under warranty????

• Advertisement

never even thought of that at all! cheers guys

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would have thought fuses would be considered consumables? Should be a euro or so max to get a replacement...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

FFS - you'd hardly waste your time trying to get a fuse covered under warranty, would you?

kbannon wrote: »
    FFS - you'd hardly waste your time trying to get a fuse covered under warranty, would you?

eh.. i might tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If one was not clued into all things related to the auto mobile then perhaps the task of changing a fuse might be too a big a mountain to climb?

A fuse like a bulb would not be a warranty item, no way.

OP it is really an easy job to do... In fact you could probably get a multi-pack of fuses in Halfrauds for about €4. By looking in your handbook (or google) it will tell you where the fuse box is & another poster has already indicated which is the most likely culprit.
    Just change the fuse with one of the same rating, all fuse ratings are colour coded, so just replace with one the same colour.

• Advertisement

thanks for the help ill call into the dealer and get a new one from them, be grand. I'll manage to fit it ill cope with the few euro i knew they were cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you probably already have one - most fuse boxes iv ever had always had a few spares inside them and a handy little tool to fit them.

there are no spares in the astra fusebox:confused: the layout is in your handbook.
    Just to stress its the fusebox in the engine bay not the one in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

pred racer wrote: »

Now that would be ironic if it was in the boot :)

pred racer wrote: »
    there are no spares in the astra fusebox:confused: the layout is in your handbook.

ya be just my luck, ill check it once home thanks v much guys.

Now that would be ironic if it was in the boot :)

the one in the boot is the first one in the manual, and I just thought ....bloody typical:D but on the next page is the engine bay one with a decent diagram.

cheers dude still hav'nt looked at it got home to late last night.

Advertisement