Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from back to work enterprise allowance to jobseekers allowance?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Anyone been in the position of moving from back to work enterprise scheme to jobseekers allowance?

How easy/fast is it?

What do you need to prove the business is closed down?

Can you go to the community welfare officer right away and get €188 as a stop gap until transferred onto jsa.

I have no savings of any kind.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I know it might not be the answer you're looking for, but you can always apply for a SWA with your local Health Center, and they will pay you until your claim with SW is awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

No that helps allot :)

I'm just in dreaded fear of going from back to work scheme to jsa and just not being accepted back on/left with no money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`m a bit confused I thought self employed people aren`t entitled to dole?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

theg81der wrote: »
    I`m a bit confused I thought self employed people aren`t entitled to dole?
    They are in certain circumstances http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/self_employed_and_unemployment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Reeni wrote: »
    Anyone been in the position of moving from back to work enterprise scheme to jobseekers allowance?

How easy/fast is it?

What do you need to prove the business is closed down?

Can you go to the community welfare officer right away and get €188 as a stop gap until transferred onto jsa.

I have no savings of any kind.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

You can apply for jsa.... you will have to be means tested and provide profit and loss accounts for 2010 and possibly 2011 . Are your registered with revenue as a sole trader? You may be asked to de-reg as a sole trader or get a letter from your accountant stating that you no longer have any income from self-employment.
    While you are waiting for jsa to be processed you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance from your community welfare officer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

stay on topic please (off topic posts have been deleted,eastbono and theg81der please note)

Advertisement