Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gp only application while waiting on Medical Card

Options
  • 03-02-2012 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Guys,

Can anyone help here... I am waiting on my medical card since Oct 2011. (recovering cancer patient) and I am wondering can I apply for a GP only card while I am waiting and would this be faster...

anything at all would help at this stage I only have 188/week consultant every two months of 140 and doc 50 monthly and meds 120 now gone up thanks to budget.

as you can see from the time of this post starting to lose sleep over it...

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I dont think so, but have you been told what the delay is?

On the radio last week there was a guy who was in a similar situation, he e-mailed James Reilly al his details and accused the dept of stalling deliberately, he had his card very quickly.

Another person asked the 'HSE intervention' service to examine his application again he got sorted quickly.

Maybe down load the podcast and see if there's anything that can be done for you. It was Joe Duffy on Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thesocial

and surprise surprise I finally got word back. seems like emailing everyone at 3.30am helps :-0

Advertisement