Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

G1032 wrote: »
    He hasn't been without fault but who has?
    What was more costly against Norwich.....Woj's mistakes or the misses from van Persie and Ramsey? The pass from Song that led to Norwichs 3rd goal?

Everyone highlights even the slightest mistake from a keeper but RVP seems immune to criticism. I heard nobody criticize outfield players for missing chances.
    If the forwards put away all the chances they had woj's mistakes wouldn't matter so much.

I guess all i'm saying is that Woj's mistakes in goal are no worse than forwards missing seemingly unmissable chances.
    Thats the difference between a goalkeeper and a striker. A keeper can make nine brilliant saves and one mistake to be the villian. A striker can miss nine sitters and score one to be a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thats the difference between a goalkeeper and a striker. A keeper can make nine brilliant saves and one mistake to be the villian. A striker can miss nine sitters and score one to be a hero.

Similar with defenders who can score goals frequently. Could be a bit dodge in defence but a decent goal every now and then covers the real dirt up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

HazDanz wrote: »
    Similar with defenders who can score goals frequently. Could be a bit dodge in defence but a decent goal every now and then covers the real dirt up.

That wouldn't be aimed at anyone on TV would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    A goalkeeper's mistakes are usually far more obvious than a strikers. Czez's effort at stopping the first Norwich goal looked bad but his failure to come out and cut off the third one was just as obvious if you are a regular football observer. A striker can have a glaring miss but he can have many excuses like being pushed or have his jersey pulled even if it doesn't look obvious. We saw a video of Bergkamph's goals and he was brilliant in a one to one situation if compared to the likes of Walcott or Gervinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Twitter: A lot of people on twitter saying that Inter have pulled out of the race to sign M'Vila as he's already agreed to join Arsenal and that the deal will be announced tomorrow after the West Brom game. Freddie Boswell (Football scout and Inter fan) says it too.

Tis only twitter though just thought I'd keep the M'Vila talk going :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsene seems to be saying that we'll be spending very little this season. Certainly nothing if we can't get rid of some squad players first...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/11/arsenal-arsene-wenger-transfer-austerity?newsfeed=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Twitter: A lot of people on twitter saying that Inter have pulled out of the race to sign M'Vila as he's already agreed to join Arsenal and that the deal will be announced tomorrow after the West Brom game. Freddie Boswell (Football scout and Inter fan) says it too.

It probably depends on CL qualification so that would explain the tight lips.
    I am very nervous about tomorrow for some reason and fearful we will only get a draw and have the big wait for the CL Final. Please God Almighty One don't do that to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I am very nervous about tomorrow for some reason and fearful we will only get a draw and have the big wait for the CL Final. Please God Almighty One don't do that to us.

If reports are to be believed (:rolleyes:) his joining isn't dependent on CL qualification but rather his wage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

And L'Equipe say Inter are favourites to sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Nah. We'll fall a goal behind and then win either 2-1 or 3-1

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Nah. We'll fall a goal behind and then win either 2-1 or 3-1

My money's on an own goal putting us behind. Just in typically Arsenal fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

My money's on an own goal putting us behind. Just in typically Arsenal fashion.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If its 0-0 with 15/20 mins to go I'd be a million times more confident of winning than if we were 1-0 to the good with 10 mins left. I dont think my heart could bear it if we had a slender lead in the final phases of the match. We'd make a balls of it.

I really hope Mrs Van Persie rules the roost...

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=830189/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the match on telly at all? Setanta maybe?

Yes, Setanta apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

The restless night drags on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the match on telly at all? Setanta maybe?
    greendom wrote: »
    Yes, Setanta apparently

yeah it's definitely on setanta.

setanta sports 1 - sky 424 - coverage starts at 2:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So nervous about today now. If there was nothing on the line I'd be confident we'd see them off easily. Considering what's at stake though I fully expect us to shít ourselves and make things very difficult.
    Just throwing this out there

Pirès' first season at AFC: 33 games played, 4 goals, 7 assists (league). Gervinho's first: 25 games played, 4 goals, 6 assists (league)

At least Bob looked like a footballer though. Not just someone who could run fast.

Frisbee wrote: »
    At least Bob looked like a footballer though. Not just someone who could run fast.

Exactly. Pires always had a finesse and technique to his game that I think we all can agree Walcott doesn't even come close to having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Today is the day! I am absolutely shítting myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I know we're going to drop into at least fourth at some stage this afternoon.
    This is gonna be an awful nerve-wracking day.
    I have the shakes already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Exactly. Pires always had a finesse and technique to his game that I think we all can agree Walcott doesn't even come close to having.

pires was nearly 27 when he signed for arsenal though, he had pretty much all his peak years at the club. Walcott's only just turned 23, i think he'll only keep getting better & better. He gets a hard time by a lot of arsenal fans, some of it's deserved but he's not nearly half as bad as people make out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

HON TO F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭ronjo

Hey there, am new to this forum but wanted to pass on a bit of gossip I heard. Was talking to a guy in the pub the other night (I know, I know) but he reckoned the following is 100% certain.

1. RVP has already signed a new contract and they are waiting to announce ( couldnt work out why to be honest)
    2. MVila is done deal
    3. Song is off, probably to Madrid.

He seemed to know what he was talking about but where he got these details I am not sure.. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Whatever happens we've done exceptionally well to be in the position we're in considering all that happened between July-Sept. I remember calling gob****es on here out on claims we wouldn't finish in the top half of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

ronjo wrote: »
    Hey there, am new to this forum but wanted to pass on a bit of gossip I heard. Was talking to a guy in the pub the other night (I know, I know) but he reckoned the following is 100% certain.

1. RVP has already signed a new contract and they are waiting to announce ( couldnt work out why to be honest)
    2. MVila is done deal

He seemed to know what he was talking about but where he got these details I am not sure.. Make of it what you will.

You lost me at pub! Welcome wud'nt like to see Song gone.

Today really is what it's all about, feels like a cup final day, nervous as **** but confident, 3 nil get in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

cson wrote: »
    Whatever happens we've done exceptionally well to be in the position we're in considering all that happened between July-Sept. I remember calling gob****es on here out on claims we wouldn't finish in the top half of the table.

True that. We have the makings of a very good team, we just need to improve our squad so that players coming in to replace injuries don't disimprove the team too much. I know it's easier said than done, but if you look at United they always have a certain standard regardless of who's on the pitch. Not all their players are up to the same level as Giggs, Rooney, etc but they work well together in their system. Ferguson has to be commended for that really.

If we get third today, we'll be celebrating the 17th St. Totteringhams day in a row.

Shitting it here!

COME ON THE ARSENAL!

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    pires was nearly 27 when he signed for arsenal though, he had pretty much all his peak years at the club. Walcott's only just turned 23, i think he'll only keep getting better & better. He gets a hard time by a lot of arsenal fans, some of it's deserved but he's not nearly half as bad as people make out
    I fully understand that, and agree with you but surely you'd agree that Walcott just doesn't have the natural ability of a great footballer.

Yes he can work hard and become very good but he'll never be great or a world-beater (stealing Galvesean's rating system here :P) because he just doesn't have the natural talent. Definitely a valuable player, he'll just never amount to Pires.
    ronjo wrote: »

2. MVila is done deal

Well...welcome! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement