Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Willis Immersion Heater thermostat

Options
  • 16-03-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the thermostat on a Willis Heater?
    I've checked the Willis site and all it mentions is that it should be set at 55c but no mention of if it is accessible. I have no technical know how or plumbing abilities and think it's heating my water at too high a temperature as I'm getting a black silt coming out of my hot tap.
    Do I need to call a plumber or could I check if it's set to the correct temp myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

If you take the cover off the heater the stat is bistable and it's also adjustable just make sure you isolate the power before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I guess you mean the plastic cover at the bottom. I'll try that. Thanks.

Do you know what i'll be looking at? Would the adjustment be a screw or something or will it actual have a guage of some sort?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

298894.jpg

As already said, make sure you have no electricity going there before you take off the cover.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Oh that's brilliant. Thanks for that, both of you. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Binka wrote: »
    Oh that's brilliant. Thanks for that, both of you. :D

It may not be exactly like that, but similar.
    It may not be a high temperature that is causing you problem anyway.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Well, I thought I'd check that first and get a thermometer on the water coming out of the tap and if that's ok then I'll have to investigate further.

I guess it's like most things- a process of elimination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Whatcha talkin' 'bout willis

Sorry, I'll see myself out!

Advertisement