Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WORCESTER BOSCH OR ARISTON ?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi all,my gas boiler has given up after 7 years am looking at replace with worecster bosch 24i or ariston clas he 24, from ariston aco27 system boiler currently installed I have, 2 questions, which would be better boiler and also on inspection from a plumber the gas pipe from box to boiler is half inch i am told it should be three quarter inch,distance is approx. 6 mtrs from box to boiler,any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

baz69 wrote: »
    hi all,my gas boiler has given up after 7 years am looking at replace with worecster bosch 24i or ariston clas he 24, from ariston aco27 system boiler currently installed I have, 2 questions, which would be better boiler and also on inspection from a plumber the gas pipe from box to boiler is half inch i am told it should be three quarter inch,distance is approx. 6 mtrs from box to boiler,any advice much appreciated

Yes I'd always bring 3/4 to a HE boiler. I also prefer Ariston

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

thanks for confirming that ,as I have ariston fitted although now replacing as fan burnt out and expansion tank was replaced last year, I believe technology has come on in the last seven years so cost of repair although will get bolier goin concerned will need replacing in near future anyway,was going to stick with ariston but they don't seemed to be favoured by many people and any reviews I can find don't seem to rate them, Worcester bosch seems to rate highly,any recommendations on someone that's familiar with fitting ariston ,currently fitted aco 27rffi with unvented 200l cylinder 3 motorized valves running 15 aluminium rads,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

thanks for confirming that ,as I have ariston fitted although now replacing as fan burnt out and expansion tank was replaced last year, I believe technology has come on in the last seven years so cost of repair although will get bolier goin concerned will need replacing in near future anyway,was going to stick with ariston but they don't seemed to be favoured by many people and any reviews I can find don't seem to rate them, Worcester bosch seems to rate highly,any recommendations on someone that's familiar with fitting ariston ,currently fitted aco 27rffi with unvented 200l cylinder 3 motorized valves running 15 aluminium rads,thanks

The newer aristons that I fit are about 2 years ahead of most when it comes to technology. I've never had trouble with one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I love the Worcester myself. More or less all I fit. And yes 3/4 to the boiler.

Iv no experience of ariston.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

thanks as matter of interest is dia measurement external dia, mine is 15 mm neighbours is 27 presume this would mean they would be running more than just gas boiler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

thanks as matter of interest is dia measurement external dia, mine is 15 mm neighbours is 27 presume this would mean they would be running more than just gas boiler

Could be yella gas pipe or steel before it enters the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Is your old boiler condensing? how have you found the Ariston otherwise?
    I'd have thought getting the fan replaced would be the cheaper option and still viable on a boiler only 7 years old. If you're getting rid of it maybe give me a bell? :), My boiler is 17 years old or so.

Advertisement