Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirPlay lag

Options
  • 10-05-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

I am experiencing a lot of lag when streaming to my Apple TV via AirPlay and I'm wondering is anyone experiencing the same thing, or has a fix?

I have a 2015 MBP running 10.10.3 and an Apple TV 3, which is fully updated. I am with UPC and have a new stand alone Ubee router. I've the router connected via ethernet cable to the Apple TV. I never had any issues with the network, get great speeds and it never drops. I'm usually about 5 feet from the router with clear line of sight when trying to steam, and there are no potential sources of interference nearby (microwaves etc).

No matter what I've done I still get continuous lag when trying to stream via AirPlay. I've tried turning off the Bluetooth on my laptop and changing the router from 2.4Ghz to 5 but no good.

When I stream using an app like Beamer it works perfectly however I don't want to have to pay for a function I should already have.

Any suggestion of anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Same thing here. Beamer works but airplay drops all the time, with new Macbook Air. Very frustrating.
    Anyone any tips on how to resolve this.

Advertisement