Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate Spots in Cork

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

There is a very do-able hand rail near Rochestown Inn. Go to the apartments across the road, follow the path beside them, passing benches and over a bridge and then just on the right there are some steps with a hand rail on the left of them going down so good for goofy skaters.

Definitely good for inline skating

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Cork Skate wrote: »
    There is a very do-able hand rail near Rochestown Inn. Go to the apartments across the road, follow the path beside them, passing benches and over a bridge and then just on the right there are some steps with a hand rail on the left of them going down so good for goofy skaters.

Definitely good for inline skating

Here is that spot

There's another handrail here that is fairly do-able but the surface you land on isn't as smooth as you'd like it to be ... but its a nice handrail and easy enough to get onto.

Its in Carrigtwohill so its a bit outside the city.

Tesco Shopping Centre, Car Park, Wilton has a good medal barrier nice for grinding and sliding. Just pick a quite time for the car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

Not to be a downer but i say you would end up with loads of complaints if you were to use that rail dwn in rochestown, the line is for walking and i say alot of walkers would be pissed :o just saying no offence intended

Not to be a downer but i say you would end up with loads of complaints if you were to use that rail dwn in rochestown, the line is for walking and i say alot of walkers would be pissed :o just saying no offence intended

Ahh yeah, any spot that i'd point out i'd expect people to use common sense and if its too busy/crowded then they would move on. Some spots are better at certain times of the day and a disaster at other times. I think skaters will find this out soon enough, if its really busy then you wont get a good skate, having to wait around too much will move skaters on so it does balance itself out. It should be fine unless someone is a complete clown and does something to mess it up, but you cant always legislate for that.

• Advertisement

The back of the Kingsley Hotel (which is now closed) looks like a good spot if you can clear the barriers. Could be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Cork Skate wrote: »
    The back of the Kingsley Hotel (which is now closed) looks like a good spot if you can clear the barriers. Could be fun
    Went in there one rainy day recently, to see if I could skate the underground carpark-however, since the flood, it's full of shiite.

Advertisement