Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 GTA IV Freezing!?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I've a pre-owned copy of GTA IV I just got yesterday. No scratches or anything, disc looks perfect & was working grand yesterday. Today though, whenever I'm going to the bottom half of the 2nd island, the game completely freezes to the point I have to press the power button on the playstation to get out of it. It's happened 3 times in a row now. Does anyone have any solutions??

Someone said to my I should try to re-install the game but does that mean I'll lose all my progress within the game??

(BTW - the PS3 isn't even a year old yet and only gets used every now and again)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

mb20064 wrote: »
    I've a pre-owned copy of GTA IV I just got yesterday. No scratches or anything, disc looks perfect & was working grand yesterday. Today though, whenever I'm going to the bottom half of the 2nd island, the game completely freezes to the point I have to press the power button on the playstation to get out of it. It's happened 3 times in a row now. Does anyone have any solutions??

Someone said to my I should try to re-install the game but does that mean I'll lose all my progress within the game??

(BTW - the PS3 isn't even a year old yet and only gets used every now and again)

I did this as I was getting frozen out at times , and a bit of lag. (A bit of a risk as my ps3 isn't that bad)

I tried it and it only took a couple of minutes (for me)

I started GTA and all of my story and GTA online account was still in tact .

I haven't tested the results properly , I'll know more when I get a chance to play later this eve to see. However i did connect to GTA online faster than normal.

remember "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Tacoman are you really from murica? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

KeshFM93 wrote: »

Tacoman are you really from murica? :p

0_0.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Trying this auld rebuild database craic now

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Trying this auld rebuild database craic now

How did you get on , is your ps3 still alive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    How did you get on , is your ps3 still alive ?

It is, but my headset isn't working now whatever happened!!

Advertisement