Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving in

• 25-11-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have just moved in with my boyfriend of 2 years. First day I was happy and excited, now, a few days later I'm feeling somewhat anxious and weird, so much that I've lost my appetite. Im not sleeping well, but generally havnt been sleeping well anyway. I'm not sure why I feel so uneasy, I should be happy right? I am just maybe a bit freaked it won't work out. We've had our ups and downs, but are really trying to make it work, things are good now. I'm in my early 30s, hes mid to late 30s. It hasn't been an easy move for him. I have had commitment issues in past relationships, would it be this part of me rearing its head again? That I've got what I think I want and then doubts start creeping in..or is it just nerves about the big change.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this much anxiety about moving in with a partner, and if so did it just take a while for the anxieties to settle till you've got used to the change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pretty normal in my experience and you'll go through a few phases before you settle down and enjoy your new situation. It's not dissimilar to starting a new job, a new relationship, moving house, or other changes like that, most people go through periods of doubt and excitement, nothing to worry yourself about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Guessed wrote: »
    Pretty normal in my experience and you'll go through a few phases before you settle down and enjoy your new situation. It's not dissimilar to starting a new job, a new relationship, moving house, or other changes like that, most people go through periods of doubt and excitement, nothing to worry yourself about.

Thanks, yea I suppose it is just nerves and perhaps coming up to the move, the reservations about some issues i had about the relationship had been put to the back of my mind with all the stress of the move. I hope we settle soon and my anxiety eases. I knew i can only know how it will be by actually making the decision to live together and seeing how it goes. I really didnt want to take it lightly though, its not like were in our 20s where we would have time to fritter.I have difficulty making decisions in general and the whole not knowing exactly how it will be makes me put off decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

You say you have had your ups and downs but are trying to make it work and that there are issues in the relationship.

What are these issues?
    Whose decision was it to move in together? Did he suggest it? Did you?
    You say you donlt want to frittar away time, do you want kids? Does he? have you agreed what time frame you will get married, start a family? if that is the plan?

It could of course be anxiousness and nerves, do you normally react this way to big changes?

Or it could be your gut telling you that this is not the right move for you, but I think some background might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

On my second live in relationship

Both times nesting fights while people make new boundaries.

Takes about six months to settle down.

Advertisement