Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish fabric

Options
  • 11-11-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me to an Irish maker of fabric? Tweed, cotton, etc.
    I can only seem to find design shops wheras I am looking for someone who supplies the raw material by the metre.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What do you mean by 'raw material'? I don't know of anyone weaving cotton in Ireland, - and I doubt whether there is much in the UK either at this stage. You can get woven woolen fabrics, but they tend to be of the 'hand woven' variety and not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

I'm probably not using the correct terms, looking to buy off the roll, by the meter, Irish made fabric.
    Is anything being made here other than woolen fabric?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Linen is still woven in Northern Ireland, though perversely, it is often easier to buy it from England than directly from the North.

Advertisement