Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc Gaming Questions

Options
  • 14-05-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of random questions that i didnt want to make a seperate thread for so I hope you guys can answer them

1. If I buy Mass Effect 1 and 2 off steam can i transfer my save to Mass effect 3 on origin
    2. Is origin slow for anyone else steam uses my full bandwidth but origin only uses 1/3 of it
    3. I bought fifa 13 off kinguin last night as the price was so low compared to origin how do the key sites sell games at such a massive discount.
    4. Do I need Uplay Installed to play ubisoft games off steam
    5. Where can I download enhanced graphics mods ala gta 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I can answer #3 pretty quickly.

They buy where games are cheaper, like eastern Europe and Russia, and then sell to places where the games would cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I have a couple of random questions that i didnt want to make a seperate thread for so I hope you guys can answer them

1. If I buy Mass Effect 1 and 2 off steam can i transfer my save to Mass effect 3 on origin
    2. Is origin slow for anyone else steam uses my full bandwidth but origin only uses 1/3 of it
    3. I bought fifa 13 off kinguin last night as the price was so low compared to origin how do the key sites sell games at such a massive discount.
    4. Do I need Uplay Installed to play ubisoft games off steam
    5. Where can I download enhanced graphics mods ala gta 4

1 - Yes. You will be asked by Mass Effect 3 to pinpoint your savegames from Mass Effect 2 so you just go to your My Documents, etc.

2 - You can now manually control the download speeds of all STEAM downloads. Go to Steam, then top left corner Settings, then the Downloads section. Not sure about Origin, but there might be a setting to download at the maximum speed.

4 - Yes, any UbiSoft games released in the last 3-4 years and henceforth will require Uplay.

5 - Not sure, but I am sure Google will point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

1. Yup. You just have to know where the save games directory is, and tell the games where to look.

2. Me too. Might be because Steam has been around way longer/EA just haven't invested in similar hardware, or whenever you're using Origin so are fifty million Americans, or any number of reasons.

3. Bulk orders? Volume tends to get you discounts no matter what you're buying. Best do a little research to make sure the cheaper keys will actually give you the game you'e looking for, of course.

4. 'Fraid so.

5. Loads of places. The Steam forums for a game usually have some form of sticky containing links to mods where they exist. If the developers have their own website they often have the same. If that doesn't help, Google for [game of interest] and [mod of interest], and you should find what you're looking for pretty quickly with a load of modding communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you should look at getting the icenhancer for gta4
    here is the installation instructions

it totally changes the look to a realistic one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Origin seems to depend on the server last night when i downloaded fifa i was getting 100kbs now crysis is downloading at 250kbs with steam I remember picking the Irish server and the download speeds are great no idea where EAs servers are

• Advertisement
Advertisement