Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NAT / Public IP routing query

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've recently switched to Eircom eFibre, with an F1000 router, and struggling to emulate my previous NAT setup from another router.

I've got 2 services which I run on my network and I access with remote apps.
    I've got Dynamic DNS on a client system and I use the DNS name on my phone, so that when I'm either remote or on local Wifi, that it should still resolve to Public IP, and NAT/route to local resources. This used to work on my previous router.

Locally, I can connect to Local (192) IP address and all works well. So local config is fine.
    Remotely, I can connect to Public IP on my desired ports, and all works well. Again, everything looks good.
    But Locally, if I connect to my Public IP via Dynamic DNS, it doesnt want to route the traffic back to the LAN.

Any suggestions where I should be looking? I've dropped Firewall config, and tried some ACL's but I can't seem to crack it.

Any ideas??

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Forget it - randomly disabled QoS and it fixed the issue.

Advertisement