Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband - 3rd party router

Options
  • 18-12-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Hi. I want to install a TP-Link router instead of the stock Sky router. I checked the net for the username and password required to set it up, but no joy. I remember dong it myself on 3rd party routers for Eircom and Vodafone and found the required username,password and connection details easily on the web.

Anyone know the details I need to connect this router to Sky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Perfect thanks for that. My neighbour also has a black eircom router. Eircom engineer told him you couldn't use it with sky when he was testing the line Yesterday. So this is the reason he went out to get the TP-Link. If I extract the username and password from the sky hub, is it possible this Eircom router will work?

PS forgot to say the reason for the Eircom engineer coming out to test the line was the service went down and Sky said it was the line. But when tested Yesterday the line was fine. Sky have now agreed to send a new hub but it will take up to 5 days and he'd like to have internet over Christmas. So if I can get him up and running on the TP-Link or the old Eircom box it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Oh another thing I've just thought off.

Is the username password linked to the customer account in that it doesn't change or is it unique to each sky router?

Reason I ask is that they are dispatching a new router from the UK Today,so will possibly not be here this side of Christmas. If it's unique to the box then it would by 50/50 as to which box is registered on the network now, old or new.

Advertisement