Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom ZyXEL F1000 - router config & speeds

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

Efibre is been fitted on tues , wish I had not bothered now .Any way bridging tips please my asdl router is a asus n55 u .
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Just had efibre installed today and initially very happy, sync at 102mb/20mb and speedtests all show consistent 92/19 downloads. Now the weird bit, as soon as I fire up sabnzbd my F1000 router will drop sync, I see SNR drop from 12db to -6db and the line drops. Once I stop sabnzbd everything stabilizes. I tried changing from SSL to non SSL and different port numbers including 23, 8080, 563 etc but it drops every time. I also tried downgrading the firmware to b2 but it made no difference. Any other high speed downloads is perfect including torrents. I can FTP from heanet.ie at 9-10MB/s and no drops.

Anyone have any ideas or is this yet another bug with this crappy modem?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

I am getting 7 mg down 0.77 up Tec suport say there is a problem with the line.
    Contact them via twitter you will get a better responce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

Folks,
    My query relates back the port forwarding issue discussed earlier on this thread - I have an Eircom F1000 [Firmware 1.00(AAHA.4)D0], - what I want to ask is I'm interested in getting a Foscam FI9831P which is an ip camera (so I can watch the dog while I'm at work), the camera is 'Plug n Play' and has QR Code setup which means it supposedly passby's the need to configure your router for port forwarding etc - I'm just hoping it'll work, or I'm just wondering with no one on this thread apparently having much luck with setting up port forwarding manually on the F1000 will the QR Code setup even work at all if the ports are blocked - or does anyone think the QR Code setup might work ? Or has anyone managed to successfully manually setup port forwarding for ip cameras on the Eircom F1000 with the same firmware version that I have above ? Any thoughts on this appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

does anyone have a download link to the latest firmware for the f1000?

also has anyone successfully setup a third party router with efibre

i have a ASUS DSL-N66U and have been trying to figure out the vdsl settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

dunworth1 wrote: »

What version do you have?
    There is a thread about bridging to third part routers on tablet so can't link

Edit did u change from UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coal14

Eircom ZyXEL F1000 - router firmware upgrade.

I got this eircom Zyxel F1000 with Version: 1.00(AAHA.3)D0 firmware and I need to upgrade to the Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 but link have been remove from eircom site Can anyone who have the downloaded copy send me the link pls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

naughto wrote: »
    What version do you have?
    There is a thread about bridging to third part routers on tablet so can't link

Edit did u change from UPC?

nope still with upc

this is for someone i know the router is dropping every so often and needs a reboot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

coal14 wrote: »

I got this eircom Zyxel F1000 with Version: 1.00(AAHA.3)D0 firmware and I need to upgrade to the Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 but link have been remove from eircom site Can anyone who have the downloaded copy send me the link pls.

I would not recommend upgrading. I tried it and my wifi was terrible. It was stopping for an hr or two several times a day and needing constant restarts. Got another eircom modem on the older firmware and it works much better, although wifi is still abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coal14

coal14 wrote: »

I was having version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 firmware before I decided to down-grade to version :1.00(AAHA.3)D0 now I have lost some functionality on it and will like to go back to version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 So I need the link., This is not available again on Eircom site. If anyone have it downloaded pls send me the link.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else have trouble logging into this modem?
    I find once I log in I'm just met with the spinning loading symbol on the screen. I can click the bottom menus but the also never load once selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 richm1975

Hi, just moved house and no UPC so went for Eircom's efibre....now I can't even watch a Youtube vid without it buffering constantly...speedtest is showing about 40 dl and 20 up so it's not the speed and when I run a connection test through my Ps4 it gives a warning at the bottom saying something like router does not support ip packet fragmentation, network features will be restricted and also speed is showing less than 1mbps!!! I'm not very tech savvy but I can access router and change settings if anyone has any idea. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

I have just received the eircom F1000 modem and most devices are working - iPad, iPhone, PC, smart tv.
    However my sons Asus tablet goes into a reboot cycle every time it tries to connect.

Has anyone had this problem and anyone now a fix?

Thanks a mil - he is very upset as you can imagine. He's only 9.

Grizz wrote: »
    I have just received the eircom F1000 modem and most devices are working - iPad, iPhone, PC, smart tv.
    However my sons Asus tablet goes into a reboot cycle every time it tries to connect.

Has anyone had this problem and anyone now a fix?

Thanks a mil - he is very upset as you can imagine. He's only 9.

Grizz,
    I would doubt that it's anything to do with your new eircom router if all other household devices are working ok, but perhaps its a problem with the tablet itself, try bring it on another wifi location (a local library or a friend or neighbours house) to see if the same thing happens, if it does then it could be faulty and I'd bring it back to where you got it.

richm1975 wrote: »
    Hi, just moved house and no UPC so went for Eircom's efibre....now I can't even watch a Youtube vid without it buffering constantly...speedtest is showing about 40 dl and 20 up so it's not the speed and when I run a connection test through my Ps4 it gives a warning at the bottom saying something like router does not support ip packet fragmentation, network features will be restricted and also speed is showing less than 1mbps!!! I'm not very tech savvy but I can access router and change settings if anyone has any idea. Thanks in advance.

richm1975,
    That's very strange, I've eircom eFibre and I've YouTube, Netflix etc on several devices (SmartTV, iPad, android tablet ) and I don't get buffering issues - ever. Try resetting the modem. You shouldn't need to change any settings on router, if want to access the router it's http://192.168.1.254/ from your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

HTCJoeSoap wrote: »
    Grizz,
    I would doubt that it's anything to do with your new eircom router if all other household devices are working ok, but perhaps its a problem with the tablet itself, try bring it on another wifi location (a local library or a friend or neighbours house) to see if the same thing happens, if it does then it could be faulty and I'd bring it back to where you got it.

Thanks Joe Soap,
    The tablet works in the neighbours without any problem, it's just this router that causes the problem. If I disable wifi on the tablet (I get about 5 seconds before it reboots) it won't reboot. But as soon as I enable wifi, it reboots and reboots each time it starts.

Thanks Joe Soap,
    The tablet works in the neighbours without any problem, it's just this router that causes the problem. If I disable wifi on the tablet (I get about 5 seconds before it reboots) it won't reboot. But as soon as I enable wifi, it reboots and reboots each time it starts.

That's very strange, it could be a compatibility issue with the router or vice-versa, go into the router settings and make sure the router is set to '802.11b/g/n Mixed' so it's using all wifi modes. Also, is it possible to check it another eircom router - a neighbour or friend who might also have eFibre to see does it happen with theirs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks Joe Soap,

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-tf101-help/6770-wifi-causes-continual-rebooting-cycle.html

You arent the only one. (Google is your friend)

It seems it doesnt play nice with certain routers. But as its the first device other than legacy macs to conflict with the F1000 that I've heard of I'd have to say its dodgy firmware by Asus. The fact that it reboots would indicate its crashing a system process when the DHCP call fails.

I'd add a guest access point to the F1000's config, delete the normal eircomXXXX ssid from the tablet when not in range, then try and connect to the guest one. See what happens.

After that, go for a cheap AP just for the tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Folks,

I'm having trouble setting up my dvr to port forward with the efibre f1000 router.
    Should the defaut gateway be set at 192.168.1.1 on the DVR? All settings on new router look like they start with XXX.XXX.1.X

I have set the forwarding rule to TCP 50000(triggerPort) 80(start Port). However my dvr has the settings (server port 9000) and (HTTP Port 80).

I can now view the DVR on my pc locally but not on my phone or tablet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

School boy error on my part and I hope this helps a few others.

THe default gateway on most devices is 192.168.0.1. If you have this set manually on your devices this needs to be changed to match the default gateway of your new router which is 192.168.1.254. DNS Settings may also need to be checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Triboro

bbability wrote: »
    School boy error on my part and I hope this helps a few others.

THe default gateway on most devices is 192.168.0.1. If you have this set manually on your devices this needs to be changed to match the default gateway of your new router which is 192.168.1.254. DNS Settings may also need to be checked.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 decoi

having problems with severe packet loss. d1000 modem i believe .

been lurking around :

theres a thread about unbranding the modem. the few threads i foudn by a person named(user name) Dermot Mcdonnel about unbrandign the f1000 modem

there was another thread where the problem was solved by turning off the firewall on the router... .

any idea whether the d1000 modem can be easily unbranded ? since the post is about the f1000 unbranding , or are they the same thing >?

or would i be better using another router?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TMG11

Lads it may be a little late to help and this may not even work, but I found that the router may have a couple samba server problems, rather than fiddling round all day with, use FTP! Using this network path I was able to use it with no problems! ftp:// 192.168.1.254 Also I guess you all know to use the same username and password you use to log into the router on your browser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

dunworth1 wrote: »

wan settings

encapsulation ipoe if no static ip

vlan 0 & 10

mtu 1500

primary dns 159.134.0.1
    secondary dns 159.134.0.2

OR

pppoe if you do have a static ip

PPP username eircom@eircom.net
    PPP password broadband1

vlan 0 & 10

mtu 1492

primary dns 159.134.0.1
    secondary dns 159.134.0.2

thats all ya need

for those looking for the firmware for the f1000 go here its actually a test version but no different to the version 1.00(AAHA.4)D0

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

TMG11 wrote: »
    Lads it may be a little late to help and this may not even work, but I found that the router may have a couple samba server problems, rather than fiddling round all day with, use FTP! Using this network path I was able to use it with no problems! ftp:// 192.168.1.254 Also I guess you all know to use the same username and password you use to log into the router on your browser...

Using this modem for anything other than routing is just going to end up in a mess. My advice would be to get a decent NAS device is this is the way you want to go. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I've already had issues with it updating dyndns..

If you use it as a router , use the Wifi and a bit of port forwarding. Otherwise get it into bridge mode and get good stable hardware capable of your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I had a quick scan of this thread, and didn't see what I was looking for - If this question has been asked already, I apologise...

I got the efibre installed there around 2 weeks ago. I notice that every 10 hours or so, internet connectivity is lost. The router will show (via lights on the front), that it is connected, but my tablet / phone or whatever will show an exclamation point in or beside the wifi signal bar, meaning no or limited connectivity.

Anyone else experience this, or have maybe found a fix?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Anyone ever get the USB port working through Mac OSX

Would like to be able share files through the eFibre router and its USB port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I had a quick scan of this thread, and didn't see what I was looking for - If this question has been asked already, I apologise...

I got the efibre installed there around 2 weeks ago. I notice that every 10 hours or so, internet connectivity is lost. The router will show (via lights on the front), that it is connected, but my tablet / phone or whatever will show an exclamation point in or beside the wifi signal bar, meaning no or limited connectivity.

Thanks guys

I've had that in last few weeks. Been on to support 4 times. They sent engineer out and all apparently in order... still get the issue every couple of days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Thanks guys

Try changing the DNS from eircom to google.

In the broadband settings change from auto to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

The other problem is the WiFi, make sure your neighbours aren't interfering with you WiFi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im trying to forward ports for call of duty black ops 1 and it wont work despite following countless guides.
    What a piece of rubbish this modem is to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The WiFi range is unbelievably sheeite too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

I had the same issues lads, showing as connecting via wifi but wouldn't connect to the Internet.

Tried connecting in browser using just IP addresses and working away fine, for whatever reason the eircom dns servers weren't resolving the website addresses.

Just posting to say that using the static Google dns settings has worked for me.

Was getting seriously pi$$ed off having to restart that router once a day.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

unlock the F1000 and flash the latest ZyXel VMG8324-B10A OEM firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

braddun wrote: »
    unlock the F1000 and flash the latest ZyXel VMG8324-B10A OEM firmware

I'll give it a go. The latest firmware has resolved most of the issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amesab

I have F1000 on my customer site.

I can open remote access to it and it works ( port shows open)
    - WAN Type: Ethernet WAN
    Firmware Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0_20150310
    Does anyone have port forwarding working on that firmware?
    Under setting I use ETHWan
    ports all set as 82, server ip 192.168.1.200 ( works on local network and I can ping it from the router)
    Unfortunately port stay closed. UPNT is disabled. Tried with firewall disabled and set to low. Tried Empty WAN IP under port mapping and as well my static IP.
    As modem use IPoE I believe I can set it in bridge mode and use third party router with DHCP Client on its WAN interface to obtain my static IP address. but I am trying to avoid that solution.

amesab wrote: »
    I have F1000 on my customer site.

I can open remote access to it and it works ( port shows open)
    - WAN Type: Ethernet WAN
    Firmware Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0_20150310
    Does anyone have port forwarding working on that firmware?
    Under setting I use ETHWan
    ports all set as 82, server ip 192.168.1.200 ( works on local network and I can ping it from the router)
    Unfortunately port stay closed. UPNT is disabled. Tried with firewall disabled and set to low. Tried Empty WAN IP under port mapping and as well my static IP.
    As modem use IPoE I believe I can set it in bridge mode and use third party router with DHCP Client on its WAN interface to obtain my static IP address. but I am trying to avoid that solution.

Is your customer on FTTH? If not you shouldnt be using ethwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amesab

That was original config on eircom modem and it works.
    In the main time I solved problem with port forwarding.
    DVR did not have gateway setup to the router ip address
    After change - port forwarding is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

4409074592.png

Is there anyway to get better speeds?

I run a phone extension cable from the phone socket in the house to my room would this have any effect on speeds?

Most likely. If you want to do that you need to run CAT5 cable terminated with RJ11 connectors. But really you want to leave the modem at the master socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Hi

I want to setup an IP webcam to broadcast live to viewers and want to find out if this model F1000 modem provide PoE or will I need to use a PoE injector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Hi

I want to setup an IP webcam to broadcast live to viewers and want to find out if this model F1000 modem provide PoE or will I need to use a PoE injector.

you will need an injector or separate POE Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Is this still the same router that Eircom /Eir provide with new efibre installs? I find that the WiFi range is poor.

Nforce wrote: »
    Is this still the same router that Eircom /Eir provide with new efibre installs? I find that the WiFi range is poor.

Nope, F2000 now (huawei not zyxel)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Hi - hopefully someone can help here - tried the few solutions i found on boards but none work. I have a f1000 with usb attached. it works fine on windows as a share and on my raspberry pi for kodi. just got a mac and tried to access it and Finder does not see the server at all. I manually add using smb, cifs and it craps out saying share is not valid or available. I added it using ftp and it works fine but I cannot move or write any files it complains that it is read only. Anyone have any ideas - am new to macs so haven't got a bogs notion.

ED E wrote: »
    Nope, F2000 now (huawei not zyxel)

Is this any better in terms of WiFi range and speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Is this any better in terms of WiFi range and speeds?

Yes, it is dual band 802.11ac so will have much faster speeds if you have devices that support the latest 802.11ac protocol. Range will be the same as before on 2.4ghz, 5ghz will have less range because of the wavelength of the higher frequency has less range and penetration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Is there any way to programmatically get the wan address from this router? I'd like to use it in a small Python program run from the lan.
    I can ssh into the router, so if anyone knows where this info might be stored I might be able to get it that way.
    Thanks
    Karl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

KAGY wrote: »
    Is there any way to programmatically get the wan address from this router?
    Thanks
    Karl
    Add your reply here.
    To answer my own question

Ssh in
    /sbin/ipconfig ppp0
    Trim output to get IP address

Couldn't find the ip address stored anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Can anyone tell me the correct way to change the default DNS servers?

is it Network settings->broadband->VDSL->Modify->Dns servers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement