Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intel gaming graphics question

Options
  • 22-08-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys ill be building my gaming pc next week when my processor arrives and im just wondering if the intel built in graphics on the intel core i3 4170 would be enough to play dayz and the forest just up until I get my gtx 750 ti superclocked or will it play any games at all ? I have 8gb of ram

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Probably won't run either tbh, Intel 4000 isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

It'll run em at low reses at mediumish graphics I think, not at 1080p though. Try 1280x720 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

thanks guys its just until I get my graphics card I tried playing the forest on my dell latitude e5400 with 4gb ram and it just about loaded and played at about 2fps lol obviously unplayable but nice try for an old laptop lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No idea about The Forest but Day-Z won't run at acceptable levels.

I tried a few games on my i7-4790's IGP out of curiosity one day, I couldn't even get 20fps in Battlefield 4 at lowest settings and resolution.

I know they're not designed for intensive gaming but I really expected at least 30fps at lowest settings!

Something like CS: GO would work pretty OK, and stuff like Black Ops 2, Left4Dead 2, etc would all as well, if you want something to play in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

No idea about The Forest but Day-Z won't run at acceptable levels.

I tried a few games on my i7-4790's IGP out of curiosity one day, I couldn't even get 20fps in Battlefield 4 at lowest settings and resolution.

I know they're not designed for intensive gaming but I really expected at least 30fps at lowest settings!

Something like CS: GO would work pretty OK, and stuff like Black Ops 2, Left4Dead 2, etc would all as well, if you want something to play in the meantime.

thanks terror but luckily I got an absolute bargain on a evga gtx 750ti ftw edition for only 89 pounds and got my intel core i3 4170 for 90quid so im ready to build now

• Advertisement
Advertisement