Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pouting, worth cooking or should it be used as bait?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I was fishing for conger one night and caught a Pouting while spinning on the second rod. Never caught it before nor ate it.

I hear it's a pretty good bait for conger. I'm not a fan of eating Pollack/coalfish or Cod, is Pouting similar to Pollack(ie Bland)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

effluent wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of eating Pollack/coalfish or Cod, is Pouting similar to Pollack(ie Bland)?

If you dont like any of them fish id keep away from pouting. You realy dont like any of them fish you mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monta

Jamie Oliver has some good recipies on that hugh's fish fight thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

skipz wrote: »
    If you dont like any of them fish id keep away from pouting. You realy dont like any of them fish you mentioned?

Yeah I really hate Pollock, I just find it has no taste. If I ever do cook it, the best recipe would be "Poor mans lobster".

Love herring, mak, trout. Just not into white flesh fish

Advertisement