Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monthly/Season ticket prices

• 20-03-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone know where online I can find the price of monthly or season tickets for iarnroid eireann? I'm considering commuting to Galway from Ballinasloe every day. I'm a student by the way, not sure if that makes a difference in the price or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Your best bet is to fill this in
    http://www.irishrail.ie/contact_us/contact_fares_queries.asp
    or ask in Ballinasloe station.

The taxsaver ticket is €1930 for an annual ticket or €193 for a monthly, though as a student you wouldn't be able to avail of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Huh? Anyone can buy an annual ticket....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

penexpers wrote: »
    Huh? Anyone can buy an annual ticket....

There are no student annual tickets (that I'm aware of) and students can't buy taxsaver tickets because they're not paying tax. Of course, they're more than welcome to buy the regular annual tickets.

OTOH, if a student had a part time job earning very little and bought a taxsaver ticket, I wonder if it's possible that their tax rebate would be more than the tax they pay? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

the taxsaver ticket is bought and paid for by the employer not the employee, the employer then subtracts the cost of the ticket (divided by the pay period ie weekly,fortnightly,monthly) from the gross wages of the employee. i couldn't imagine too many employers of part-time staff signing up to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

markpb wrote: »
    students can't buy taxsaver tickets because they're not paying tax.
    Any employee can have a TaxSaver ticket bought on their behalf.
    OTOH, if a student had a part time job earning very little and bought a taxsaver ticket, I wonder if it's possible that their tax rebate would be more than the tax they pay? :)
    The rebate can't exceed the amount of Tax/PRSI/levies you pay. However, the employer could still save on their portion of the PRSI.

While many part-time staff have low earnings, some are in what amount to high-paying full-time jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There are student monthly point to point tickets

Ask at the booking office or ticket machine

Advertisement