Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor question

Options
  • 24-08-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

The pc is used mainly for gaming and was wondering what monitor would give me the better experience...

28" 3840x2160 TN panel

or

34" 3840x1440 IPS panel

The monitors I have in mind are AOC U3477PQU and Samsung U28E590D.

There's about €100 in the difference and must say the 34" is tempting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The first one is 4k and the second is 21:9 1440p if I'm not mistaken.

They're both gonna be animals to run, I think he 1440p is a good cool on an R9 390.

There's a few people here who swear by Ultrawides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

If you have an AMD card, the 28" Samsung is the better option due to FreeSync. For gaming, the Samsung is the better option due to the higher response rate. The Samsung will also have a higher pixel density due to the smaller panel size.

The AOC is bigger. Better colour accuracy. Better viewing angles.

It's a tossup. Both are beautiful displays. If you see yourself sitting on a couch or watching movies on the 34" from an angle, the IPS AOC wins. For straight up, this is on my desk for playing games. The Samsung wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

IMO most signs point toward the ultrawide. Not much point in going 4K at 28", the 1440p screen will be easier to drive, ultrawide is pretty sweet for gaming (as long as it's not too fast-paced for IPS) and movies. However, I would recommend looking at a curved ultrawide rather than flat, particularly at 34". At that size/width, there is enough of a difference in viewing angle at the edges that a curved screen is favourable.

Advertisement