Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How common is Luggage stolen from Bus?

• 11-01-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Did it happen to you?

It happened to me last week, first time in 15yrs of using Busaras/eirann.
    I put a small suitcase in the luggage compartment.
    Very annoyed that it happened.
    I will never ever put luggage in there again.

How common is this?
    Could it have been prevented beside carrying it with you in your seat.
    Or watching people getting off buses and checking that your luggage is not going to a new home?

Luggage stolen from Bus: 4 votes

Yes and never found or returned
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but was found/taken by accident and returned
    50% 2 votes
    Nearly taken/stolen
    25% 1 vote
    Never
    25% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

it never happened to me but maybe i'm a bit paranoid... i always think of this if i put my luggage into the compartment. then i try to get a seat at the window to overlook the luggage compartment doors to check what people are taking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I hate putting baggage below. I'd often put someone elses luggage on top of mine so mine wont get grabbed.

I usually put it under my seat if at all possible. I'd rather be uncomfortable than lose luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

I keep anything important with me. I might have clothes etc. in the hold, but nothing irreplacable - plus it's in a non-descript old and cheap sports bag. It would be an inconvenience if my bag were stolen, but never an outright disaster or huge loss.

I would consider that it is always a risk that bags might be stolen, even if fortunately it seems to be fairly unusual here (have only one anecdotal report from anyone I know - even in that case it was a "nearly" stolen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭SeanW

I've never heard of it happening in any specific case, but when I've carried luggage on Dublin Bus (usually the 747) I always stay with/near it. Just makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I will never ever put luggage in there again.

only problem with that is drivers normally wont let you take any big bags on board with you. Was it a shoulder bag you left in the hold? I always have 1 gear bag and 1 laptop bag when I use bus eireann i take the laptop bag onto the bus with me and leave gear bag in the hold and its always been ok so far (would only use bus eireann twice a month though.) thats kilkenny to waterford normally as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I lol @ people who put baggage in there, and then go upstairs. The bus driver drives the bus. He doesn't guard the baggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

yes, got on the bus at busarus, got off few hours later, bag gone, never seen again

6 months later, was traveling from busarus again,

driver - your not bringing that bag on here
    me - i am
    driver - bus is full, your not bringing that bag on here
    me - last time i got a bus from here, my bag got stolen, can you garantee it wont get stolen this time
    driver - it wont get stolen,
    me - can you garantee that
    driver - er erm, you'll need to pay for an extra seat
    me - not paying for an extra seat, if i have to carry this bag on my lap the whole way to donegal i will
    driver - well what if another passager complains

conversation went on for another few exchanges, bag eventully came on bus with me, no extra seat paid for

Advertisement