Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research for new cycling service

Options
  • 17-12-2012 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if you can help me or point me to the best location in getting a few market research questions answered around cycling during the winter or just cycling in general. See below

1. If you had the option to compete with a friend in another country while cycling your bike or using your bike on a turbo trainer, would you be interested in something like this?

2. How often would you use this service if it was available to use when in the gym or at home?

3. What features of cycling are the most difficult during the winter months?

Thank you for taking the time to help and apologies if this is not the correct forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

GResearch wrote: »

Thank you for taking the time to help and apologies if this is not the correct forum

Maintaining a tan :)

More seriously, I think there is something similar already made by Tacx and Wattbike and I use a turbo as little as possible (only when the roads are iced over).

The majority of gym bikes are horrible to use with big wide saddles and loose toe straps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Moved from cycling forum
    GResearch wrote: »
    1. If you had the option to compete with a friend in another country while cycling your bike or using your bike on a turbo trainer, would you be interested in something like this?
    Strava already provides this service for free
    2. How often would you use this service if it was available to use when in the gym or at home?
    See above, all you need is a phone/bike computer with GPS or a cadence sensor for home.
    In Ireland, its not much mpore difficult than the summer, the darkness is about the biggest downer from a psychological point of view IMO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement