Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At Home Fetal Heart Monitors

• 05-01-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭

Just wondered if anyone had bought one of these at home dopplers and if it is worth getting one. I am seriously considering it but dont want to waste money I dont have! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FutureMom2Two

I have 'pocket fetal doppler' from ebay it cost 40 something euro's but i ordered gel separately so all in all 57euros including packaging. been using it since 9wks the first time I got a heartbeat was 9wks5days and after that I would find it some days and not others but I wasnt checkin every day anyways.
    At 12wks it got way easier to find them.
    So I've been using it for 10wks now and I am still on the first bottle of gel and I have another bottle so I don't think it worked out expensive.
    I had a lot of complications in my pregnancy so the reassurance is undenialable. It's up to you really if you feel you would like to have one or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I also bought one on eBay for about 80.00 with gel etc, it was one of the higher spec models. I got it at about 13 weeks and it was a godsend as I had no symptoms - boobs didn't even increase or get sore . It was very easy to locate heartbeat and great peace of mind.
    I'm almost 25 weeks now and can feel movement, so not using it as much, but hopefully I'll use it again for another one.
    Worth every penny for peace of mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I had a basic one on my firstr and used it a lot, found it great and great for bonding for OH too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Heart-to-Heart-Prenatal-Listening-System/5983010?wmlspartner=IqfAY/WJZ*w&sourceid=11606621420925811844

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have an angel care one, cheap as chips, works perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will consider getting on if I can find one not too expensive I think! It's really just because I have very little symptoms so would like some kind of reassurance baby's still in there!

• Advertisement

Also, where is best place to buy them, are people getting them online from ebay and that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FutureMom2Two

http://cgi.ebay.ie/FETAL-BABY-DOPPLER-PRENATAL-HEART-MONITOR-Orange-3mhz-/330506220330?pt=UK_Baby_Maternity_Pregnancy_MJ&hash=item4cf3b4b32a

This is the one I have from ebay and as I said I'm happy with it after 10weeks of use and if your over 12weeks its going to be easy to locate a heartbeat once you get the hang of it.
    I don't think its the same seller I used but i imagine there all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had the summer fetal heart monitor from argos.

Done the job, located heartbeat a good few times (only used it about ten times on number 1) and passed it on to a friend after number one because I wasn't "planning" anymore children! Two sets of headphones so partner can listen too!

well I have bit the bullet and bought the Angel Sounds one from Amazon!

Advertisement