Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5 months left!!

Options
  • 03-01-2011 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Whoa, time is flying by in leaving cert :( How's everyone doing so far??
    This has got to be the toughest 5 months yet, but then it's pure, uncompromised freedom! :)
    Also what are your highest and lowest prospects, like favourite/ least favourite subjects??
    I love biology so I hope I do well there, my deepest worries lie with Irish, I can speak it quite well it's the theory and written part that leave me less than confident!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I found the time passing by very slowly in 2009, but when i decided to repeat it went a lot quicker i also decided that i would really get stuck into it after xmas and it worked out. To answer your question my favourite subject was history, i didn't mind english too much but i hated maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Yea its flying on and it wont be getting any easier. I love History but hate the sight of construction. Hope it works out for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ye should count yourselfs lucky. I'm in 5th year so I have another year and 5 months left.. And to make it worse i'm doing 8 subjects and LCVP! :(
    Irish, English, Maths, French, Music, Business, Geography, Economics & LCVP.. The joys..

I love, love, love Geography & Economics(doing Eco. outside of school). I hate Irish with a passion, i'm doing OL so it doesn't matter will probably get a B in it without much study as the papers are ridiculously easy and I got an A in junior cert..

The mere scent of freedom is just a mirage for me.. :P Best of luck in all guys! Any idea what ye want to do after it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Oh sh1t...I didnt think twas that close.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

better start studying so...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I've done absolutely feck all since the Christmas holidays started. <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

can't believe how quick times gone since september, I can sense a lot of cramming coming in the next 5 months!..my biggest worry is Irish, prob my worst!..good luck to everyone in the next few months, roll on the freedom!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

God 5 months. Anyone else terrified cause everyone says that after christmas is when the s**t hits the fan? eeek.
    Fave subject is physics, least is applied maths. I know quite odd but applied maths is DOING MY HEAD IN lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

DCG projects to be in on the 14th, and i missed 3 weeks from snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

7 weeks until my Mocks start... I am getting extremely panicky about Maths (But not much else for some reason). What's more worrying (Much more worrying as a matter of fact) is that i've a HPAT, a UCAS interview and my Engineering project deadline all coming up during the week of my mock exams. That and the looming date of the oral exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Worrying about english and hamlet . Such a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Its flying..unfortunately!
    Loving Chemistry at the moment and hating Physics and Accounting! I regret my choices soo much. Should have done Business or Geography or something of the like :/

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

In 15 mins it will be 150 days until the LC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

In 15 mins it will be 150 days until the LC!

Ah Balls! Thanks for that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Mocks are in a few weeks.... Wow, am I screwed for them or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭masterjk

Business is really getting on top of me... so's biology!! :(

and ive neglected my LCVP project too much :eek:

Maths and irish going pretty good :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Best of luck, lads! Time will fly up until the orals are over, then it drags until the Leaving Cert!

Remember, the Leaving Cert impacts the rest of your life, in terms of career prospects, so if you think about it putting in a worthwhile effort for just 5 months isn't too much, considering that it's just 5 months of your entire life!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Mousey- wrote: »
    DCG projects to be in on the 14th, and i missed 3 weeks from snow :(

Dcg projects have been extended 1 month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Best of luck, lads! Time will fly up until the orals are over, then it drags until the Leaving Cert!

Remember, the Leaving Cert impacts the rest of your life, in terms of career prospects, so if you think about it putting in a worthwhile effort for just 5 months isn't too much, considering that it's just 5 months of your entire life!
    I'd have to disagree here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

feeling good about french, absolutely adore the language and subject

worst is maths, after my christmas test i'm scared, i am horrificly bad and need to start putting the work in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fifi17123

im doing:
    music HL
    art HL
    economics HL
    biology HL
    german HL
    english HL
    irish OL
    maths OL

my fav's art music biology jus took music up 6th year but i wana do it in college so feeling confindent about the practical. im fecked for german!! haha when are everyones pre's starting? does anyone else want to do music in college??

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

From now until Friday June the 3rd there are 82 days, excluding all holidays!
    How scary is that!
    Im freaking out about HL Maths!! i just HOPE i dont fail it!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Still finding it hard to get into studying. I'm only starting now I did a little before christmas tests then stopped and did none during the christmas holidays. My fave has to be geography and worst is maths and french I'm doing okay in french apart from the oral .I only just barely past maths need so much work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

I'm the same..started a bit before xma, did nothing over xmas and starting again now! can'tt believe time's going so quickly! pretty confient about bio and a bit worried about german and applied maths

Advertisement