Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Remaining - D.J. Molles.

Options
  • 09-08-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Read a decent bit of "brain off" infected / zombie survival horror. The Remaining by DJ Molles. The first book in the series. Not a bad read of a lazy rainy evening. Deals with an a virus in North America and the decline of society in the next month. (IMO the downfall is too quick as is the break down).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is has been a decent series to date.

Not a zombie series as such ( more akin to the rage infected from 28 days later), but the first three books in the series have me looking forward to the fourth.

Reminded me a little of James N Cook's Surviving The Dead series or Shawn Chesser's Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse series (although these two series deal with Zeds rather than infected) in terms of the main protagonists in each series.

Would probably rate Molles' series as being a bit better than that of Cook, but a little below that of Chesser.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I have the four books on audiobook if anyone wants them ill stick them on a memory stick(they provide of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

missed these completely....started listening in the car ..have to say i like it...only 3-4 chapters in...thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

on book 3 now, way impressed. thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement