Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy Advice

Options
  • 27-12-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I know this question has probably been asked a hundred times so apologies.....My wife is expecting our first in April and we have nothing bought whatsoever so hoping to pick up a few bits in the sales.
    I'm looking for advice on buggies cos we don't have a clue where to start! We need something fairly sturdy for walking on rough roads, not not too heavy or awkward, something that a car seat fits into, and not crazy expensive. Any advice/recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

look around the shops and see what you like then go online and get a good price for it.
    Something like a Phil and Teds mght suit if you are planning a 2nd,it i all terrain and pretty light,the i-candys apple are worth a look too,not quite all terrain but will be brilliant in most places you ever want to alk:)
    We have a maxi cosi mura 4,love it and it was a great buy but it is heavy.the quinny speedi might be worth a look too.
    kiddicare.com is where we have bought most of our baby stuff due to price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭RICKYD

wow thanks a mill Moonbeam! you sound like an expert! we are so clueless!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did a lot of research 2 years ago for #1 and now even more for #2:)
    Definately go have a look at them in person 1st then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Hey rickyd, we're in the same boat, due our first end of march. Have done a lot of research and into a lot of shops testing the systems also need something sturdy for country living and walks. After going through phil and teds, love n care, quinny, etc we settled on the graco symbio travel system, smyths toys are doing a great deal and cheaper than any where else for what you get. €499 for the full package. bought it yesterday, very simple click in click out system, highly recommend for ease of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you, due first baby in April. I had planned on getting the Phil and Teds but they were so heavy. I wanted something light and sturdy and went out the other day to try them in the shop (sales on)
    So I decided on an Out and About nipper,which is really light, but sturdy - it's a 3 wheel system. It doesn't fit a car seat, but newborns can lie flat in it and I figure I can carry the baby in the car seat for short journeys. It was about 360.00 with all the extras, footmuff, rain cover, shopping basket, newborn pack.
    My advice is to test them out in the shop, see how easy the are to fold up and manoeuvre and how heavy they are etc.
    Good luck with your choice.

• Advertisement

That sounds so expensive for the single one,I paid that for the double with the extras.
    It is a fantastic buggy though or at least I hope it turns out to be!!

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_531_10751_-1_14601_16174_10001_

I do have to say having the car seat attach to the buggy base for #1 was brilliant.

Thanks for the link Moonbeam, there is a good difference all right. As I've paid my deposit, not sure if I've any comeback. Aside from price difference, it seems like a really good buggy and gets great reviews, very light and ticks all my boxes bar the double bit, but you can put a buggy board on it at a later date if need be. kiddie care looks like a great site, so will keep it in mind for Other things.

Cheers
    Amberjack

We have not got to use the double yet either but I am hoping it is as brilliant as everyone says:)
    I do have it all set up though and waiting!!

I am terrible and can not buy anything with out shopping around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Amberjack wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Moonbeam, there is a good difference all right. As I've paid my deposit, not sure if I've any comeback. Aside from price difference, it seems like a really good buggy and gets great reviews, very light and ticks all my boxes bar the double bit, but you can put a buggy board on it at a later date if need be. kiddie care looks like a great site, so will keep it in mind for Other things.

Cheers
    Amberjack

I paid a deposit in m&p's for pram but when i went back one day to look at pram i decide to lift car seat and i couldn't as it was to heavy. So I went and ask could I get deposit back. It was no problem, even ask them can you change the item and put deposit on a cot. I think thats what I ended up doing as seen a cot I liked in m&p's.

I'm exactly like moonbeam and was a divil for shopping around when preg, even now i'm always on lookout for good offer on nappies

Hi Bulmersgal,

Thanks for the advice. I actually went online to kiddie care and rotted up the cost of the buggy, all the extras I got and the delivery charge and there was 20.00 of a difference which I decided for peace of mind wasn't too bad, in case I have any issues with buggy.
    Believe me, I am a bargain hunter too, I've bought all my blankets, sheets etc in Michael Guineys which is fantastic value and done my homework on cots, car seats etc. In fact all I have to do now, is just wait for junior to arrive.
    Anyway, good luck with your new arrivals, not long to go for some.

Amberjack

• Advertisement
Advertisement