Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim

Options
  • 12-08-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if some posters could help me out.

Myself and my partner are hoping to move to Trim this month, and she works in Dublin city centre. As she needs her car a lot of the time for the role, I am just wondering typically how long would it take for her to drive into work in the mornings?

And what is the Bus service like into Dublin? I have come across threads here from a few years ago, so just wondering if the situation has changed since.

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Up until February, I used to get the bus at approx 7.15am - 7.30am and it usually took about 60-65 minutes to O'Connell Street. A lot of the way is bus lane so driving would be a lot longer I would imagine. I got the 5.30pm bus home from Busaras and that took about 1.5 hours usually, did
    take up to 2 hours on occasion. Depending on where in Dublin your partner works, there is the option of driving to the M3 Parkway (30 minutes) and then the train to Docklands (35 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for that October, that's quite informative. Looking at ways to cut down on the traffic side of things for her. Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

The 111 bus is very reliable in my opinion. I get it 3 times a week into Dublin and back. I would not dream of driving into Dublin city, especially when you hit the Navan rd before Auburn roundabout in the mornings. It can be a nightmare trying to get through traffic.

Advertisement